MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Just now, BullsandBroncos said:

Am I the only one that see.... Ferguson getting wooped, Conor beating Cowboy and Poirier to only get beat by Khabib again?

I think that's pretty likely, except Ferguson might put up a fight for a little. He's not bad on his back.

5 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Am I the only one that sees.... Ferguson getting wooped, Conor beating Cowboy and Poirier to only get beat by Khabib again?

You just hate Tony. I dont think he gets slaughtered. He might lose but it’ll be a better fight than the Conor fight. I expect Conor to beat both of them yea but it would be nice to see him in the octagon soon

5 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

How many of you guys would like to see Khabib take an uppercut to the chin and go to sleep this year? As long as it isn't by Tony Ferguson because I hope Khabib murders him.

And who is going to be the one to do that? Khabib is a freaking animal. 

58 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

If you hit anyone in the right spot at the right time in the jaw, with the proper amount of force,  they are going to sleep no matter how tough they are. Scientific fact.

No crap. Still don't see it happening. Hard to land hard shots from your back. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

cowboy vs khabib would be super fun. most people have success stopping khabib's takedowns they just can't get away so he tries a million times and eventually gets it. maybe cowboy's length could help him get away. and cowboy is good in the clinch so maybe a couple of knees or elbows can dissuade khabib a little

I can't see it. Cerrone doesn't really fare well against guys who put a ton of pressure on him (RDA, Till for example), and that's what Khabib is all about. Also he's a notorious slow starter, and if you let Khabib take you down early it's over.

You just reminded me that we were meant to get this matchup at UFC 187, right when Cerrone was in his best run ever. I was so hyped for that fight. Unfortunately now, I think Cowboy may have lost the edge he would have had for that fight.

4 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Romero vs Costa aimed for the main event of UFC Miami in April. Thats some dragonball z ish right there

Love this fight...been wanting to see costa against stiff competition...i believe he will be world champ soon...

Also...i don't see Khabib losing for awhile....some of these stand up fighters with great tdd will still be on their back with Khabib s pressure.  Unless someone clips him early..he will grind out anyone.  I would like to see what a Ferguson or cerrone could do from their back...but pretty sure it would be taking a ground n pound beatin

9 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

I can't see it. Cerrone doesn't really fare well against guys who put a ton of pressure on him (RDA, Till for example), and that's what Khabib is all about. Also he's a notorious slow starter, and if you let Khabib take you down early it's over.

You just reminded me that we were meant to get this matchup at UFC 187, right when Cerrone was in his best run ever. I was so hyped for that fight. Unfortunately now, I think Cowboy may have lost the edge he would have had for that fight.

The main difference between RDA/Till and Khabib is Khabib wont swarm him on the feet the way RDA/Till did right out of the gate

11 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Love this fight...been wanting to see costa against stiff competition...i believe he will be world champ soon...

Also...i don't see Khabib losing for awhile....some of these stand up fighters with great tdd will still be on their back with Khabib s pressure.  Unless someone clips him early..he will grind out anyone.  I would like to see what a Ferguson or cerrone could do from their back...but pretty sure it would be taking a ground n pound beatin

I think its just a matter of a lucky punch vs catching him in a submission. I'll take my chances on Ferguson/Cerrone catching Khabib in a sub for a big reason: Time

You know they will have a lot of time on their back to work on whatever they can and have done it several times whereas standup guys like Conor will have very little time to get it done in "their world" before Khabib takes them down, makes Conor look foolish again on the ground and he gasses out. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

How many of you guys would like to see Khabib take an uppercut to the chin and go to sleep this year? As long as it isn't by Tony Ferguson because I hope Khabib murders him.

I have been a big Khabib fan for a long time and dont see him losing to any current lightweight. Its possible but even with all those killers in that division i think he wins against all of them and would be rooting for him as well. I do however think Max would have the best chance at beating him and is one of the only fighters I like  more than Khabib.

Edited by Big Snack

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

The main difference between RDA/Till and Khabib is Khabib wont swarm him on the feet the way RDA/Till did right out of the gate

I disagree, that's a big part of his standup game. He might not be the most technical, but he puts pressure on and keeps a high pace, which makes up for it a lot of the time. Think he'd swarm Cowboy just the same