MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

6 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

Santos has made a bid with his last fight but before that he wasnt a better contender. 

Isnt yoel already scheduled for a fight? There a few interesting fights for jones but when talking lhw division, its weak. No one really deserves a shot so then they are going push fighters that arnt ready. As long as jones stays straight hes not getting beat for awhile. 

Yoel is hurt and is expected to take on Paulo Costa in late April.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Welterweight Division is interesting with Woodley not champion now. I'd prefer Woodley win at least one fight, preferably two fights before another shot after getting embarrassed that bad.

Usman v Covington next title fight, this seems obvious

I'd like to see Askren vs Maia in the GOAT grappler battle

Winner of Til vs Thompson faces winner of Askren vs Maia and winner gets a title shot.

Make Woodley vs Ponzinibbio as well. That can be a title shot fight as well.

Usman vs Covington

Next title fight: Usman/Covington vs Woodley/Ponzinibbio

Next title fight Usman/Covington/Woodley/Ponzinibbio vs Thompson/Til/Askren/Maia

If that makes sense. There's your next 3 WW title fights.

Maia should be quite a way off right now, after he got blanked three fights in a row, against Woodley, Covington and Usman. also Till is fighting Masvidal, he and Thompson already fought. Wonderboy's fighting Pettis.

Usman vs Colby is the obvious one.

Think Askren vs Till (if he beats Masvidal) I think is a no-brainer too, with the beef between them.

Other guys in the conversation are Leon Edwards (if he beats Gunnar Nelson), Wonderboy (if he beats Pettis), Ponzi, possibly Luque. I'd like to see some Woodley vs RDA or Woodley vs Lawler, rather than him take on a prospect like Ponzi.

So, if the favorites win, I'd have

• Askren vs Till
  • Wonderboy vs Edwards
  • Ponzi vs Luque

Most impressive winner gets the shot at the Usman-Colby winner.

Man people were hating when I said Woodley was the least talented champion. Guess what?! I was right you filthy animals!

Woodley is explosive, but that's all he really has going for him. Rudimentary striking at best. Does he even know what a combo is? All he does is bounce and spam overhands and rely on his power before he gases. His wrestling is also mediocre. I know his credentials are there, but damn his wrestling hasn't adapted at all to MMA. I can't believe people actually thought he was in the conversation for GOAT at Welterweight. 

Usman looked good, and damn does he have cardio for a big guy, but I think a lot of people will be out off by his style. His striking is still mediocre at best, but damn is he huge for the division, and with his Chael like style he poses a problem for almost everyone. The Buildup to his fight with Covington will be great, but damn if that won't be a 5 round snoozefest.

On 2/26/2019 at 6:45 PM, Buckrock101 said:

This is easily the most ignorant comment ever made in this thread. Least skilled? What on earth are you talking about.

I'll take an apology, thank you. Study the fight game and get back to me. Woodley was as overrated as they come, not even a top 10 all time welterweight. If you want some tips and tricks for analyzing MMA, DM me. 

16 minutes ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

I'll take an apology, thank you. Study the fight game and get back to me. Woodley was as overrated as they come, not even a top 10 all time welterweight. If you want some tips and tricks for analyzing MMA, DM me. 

This is just super sad. You talk trash and don’t respond to anything then come back to gloat.

he lost a fighT. Its mma. This fight doesnt prove everything you said. Just like how the till fight doesnt prove the opposite. 

But can i get your top ten welterweights?

8 hours ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

One bad performance doesn't reflect his entire career. Plus, there was nothing in that fight that suggested he lacked the skill to win. It was 100% a lack of execution.

Take your trolling to one of the NFL forums or something, we don't need it here.

Edited by Buckrock101

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Conor and Cowboy have a bout agreement for July 6th but Conor doesn't want to sign it because the UFC asked them to be the co-main event. 

I'm actually kinda surprised most people agree with Conor. I feel like after getting demolished against Khabib, a co-main is the perfect spot for it.

Plus I can't remember the last PPV that didn't have a title as the headliner (not counting Izzy/Silva).

9 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I'm actually kinda surprised most people agree with Conor. I feel like after getting demolished against Khabib, a co-main is the perfect spot for it.

Plus I can't remember the last PPV that didn't have a title as the headliner (not counting Izzy/Silva).

UFC 196/202: McGregor vs Diaz were two events that were headlined by non-title fights. He's the biggest draw in the company so I understand why he doesn't want to be in the co-main event. The card will do at least 1-1.5M buys because Conor is fighting but that will be tied to two other fighters names. What fight are they going to put ahead of him? Usman vs Covington?