MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/ufc-196-mcgregor-vs-diaz-1060

Just looked up UFC 196 odds here and the "worst" odds McGregor was getting was -400 and the "best" odds was -585

He wasn't even close to being an underdog

I remember because this was during my short lived betting life. I was gonna parlay Miesha and Nate but decided against it for whatever reason. Might have been why I stopped lol, I was upset. According to that site is was a +1260 parlay on bovada, oh my.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I remember because this was during my short lived betting life. I was gonna parlay Miesha and Nate but decided against it for whatever reason. Might have been why I stopped lol, I was upset. According to that site is was a +1260 parlay on bovada, oh my.

Wow that would have been awesome haha. I've never bet on fighting before and probably won't ever but geez that's awesome. 

Conor will be a big draw because of his over the top personality...He will struggle against elite grapplers, but he will always have the ability to finish fights standing.  A couple more losses will hurt his drawing power a little...but it won't kill it.  People will still want to see him fight.  He is a POS...and hopefully keeps racking up losses and never gets a title.  That doesn't matter to him.  He just wants paid.  And THAT he will get.

Edited by big poppa pump

11 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Dont you think that goes the same way as DC v Lewis or Stipe vs Ngannou?

Also why is the short thing such a big deal? DC is always shorter than his opponents 

Part Stipe-Ngannou, part DC-Rumble.

DC's no stranger to big explosive power strikers, and knows how to weather the storm and eventually get them down

11 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Part Stipe-Ngannou, part DC-Rumble.

DC's no stranger to big explosive power strikers, and knows how to weather the storm and eventually get them down

Yea and thats kind of why i dont want to see it but we’re likely heading that way. Francis vs JDS would be fun. I want Stipe to come back and fight DC though 

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea and thats kind of why i dont want to see it but we’re likely heading that way. Francis vs JDS would be fun. I want Stipe to come back and fight DC though 

Dc has already said he is not giving stipe a rematch 

8 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

See the only problem with Francis vs JDS is that if Stipe beats DC/is first in line to fight for the title if DC retires, we're in for a rematch vs either of those two guys, which doesn't sound that exciting. Although to tell the truth, I think there's still a decent chance Ngannou lands on Stipe and switches him off.

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I dont think he wants the weight cut. If it really is more about the $ instead of winning or a title i doubt he wants to cut that much weight 

Ya he seems to be out of the game. I dont see him trying to run a weight class anymore. Which i dont blame him. Hes got plenty of money and a business now. I wouldnt fight if i was him unless it was for a big payout.