MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

That was 100% Smith's best performance to date. His past finishes, a lot of them he's looked really sloppy and come away with a finish almost out of nowhere.

This fight, he looked really solid for the first two, and just after things looked like they had changed in the third, he took control again in the 4th. Was a different level on the ground, too.

All this against a perennial title contender at 205.

Really hope we get to see Smith vs Rockhold.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

That was 100% Smith's best performance to date. His past finishes, a lot of them he's looked really sloppy and come away with a finish almost out of nowhere.

This fight, he looked really solid for the first two, and just after things looked like they had changed in the third, he took control again in the 4th. Was a different level on the ground, too.

All this against a perennial title contender at 205.

Really hope we get to see Smith vs Rockhold.

Yea Smith rose to a title shot undeservingly. After getting destroyed by Santos at MW, he moves up and beat "legend cans" at this point in their careers in Evans and Shogun and beats Volkan, the only good fighter he beat at LHW and then gets his shot.

Now beating Gusty definitely got my attention but his fight against Jones was so uninspiring that I don't want to ever see a rematch

11 hours ago, KellChippy said:

Does anyone think Rockhold will be a contender at LHW? I don’t see it personally.  Not to say I don’t wanna see him fight Smith, just don’t expect much success.

I don't think so myself, but you never know when a guy is changing classes. Jan's a really good benchmark for him too. Solid in all areas.

• Like 1