MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

2 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Nick Diaz just took pics of him and Mushrooms the other day. He's not getting sanctioned and sure as **** not passing thru USADA.

Nick is finished as much as it sucks, that would be a dope fight

Would it be though? Nicks last fight was awful and its not like he’s training or anything now

4 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Nick Diaz just took pics of him and Mushrooms the other day. He's not getting sanctioned and sure as **** not passing thru USADA.

Nick is finished as much as it sucks, that would be a dope fight

Yeah he basically announced he's retired not too long ago, too. Said he's not interested in fighting.

His last fight was more than 4 years ago anyway, and the one before that 6 years ago. He probably gets mauled by anyone active right now.

14 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Apparently WME wants to buy PBC (boxing). That would be really friggin' dope. Could get some cross brand promotions from UFC and PBC.

What I hope is they are then able to purchase TR shortly after. Make boxing into one league like the UFC. Way too much division in boxing. 

I wonder if they will attach themselves with Zuffa Boxing and or just leave the PBC as it is? Because you know Dana White wants to get in boxing but not sure if that is a good thing for him or not. Then dude will be busy literally every week of the year promoting shows on UFC and PBC. 

On 5/23/2019 at 9:55 AM, Buckrock101 said:

Not a great matchup for Showtime on paper. He's struggled with pressure in the past and that's what Nate is all about

I’m curious about Nates chin vs Pettis and his crazy style. Both are legendary.

Nate keeps a ridiculous pace which is kind of remarkable because he seems like he doesn’t give a crap all the time and yet his gas tank is better than most of the roster

11 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I’m curious about Nates chin vs Pettis and his crazy style. Both are legendary.

Nate keeps a ridiculous pace which is kind of remarkable because he seems like he doesn’t give a crap all the time and yet his gas tank is better than most of the roster

I think that if Pettis doesn't beat him quick, which nobody ever has beaten nate quick, there's not a chance in hell for Pettis.

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Nate hasn't fought in 3 years lmao and it's not like the dude is unbeatable. He's 19-11 for a friggin' reason.

Very true. And I still have the memory of him getting leg kicked to death by RDA in my mind. Anthony could have a lot of success if he goes heavy at Nate's legs.

On 5/25/2019 at 7:09 AM, Buckrock101 said:

Very true. And I still have the memory of him getting leg kicked to death by RDA in my mind. Anthony could have a lot of success if he goes heavy at Nate's legs.

Yea idk why it seems like fighters dont go for legs that much anymore. Used to be Aldo's bread and butter and he just stopped throwing them

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea idk why it seems like fighters dont go for legs that much anymore. Used to be Aldo's bread and butter and he just stopped throwing them

Might also be that a lot of fighters are getting better at countering leg kicks. Throwing a naked leg kick is a good way of getting your chin knocked into the next state

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Aldo has injured his foot way beyond repair at this point. That is why he doesnt throw leg kicks like he did against faber back in the  day

• Like 1