MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

9 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

No.. I can see him beating Blachowicz which should line him up with Anthony Smith both coming off wins.

Rockhold's chin can't hold at 185. I don't see how it will at 205

I agree, although I'm guessing he hopes that the slower fighters will allow him to dodge more punches and maybe the weight cut will be better and his chin will hold stronger

9 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

That means hopefully I can watch it earlier in the afternoon. I hope Poirier shows us how he got his black belt. I feel like this is going to be Khabib's toughest fight yet. Stoked.

Definitely his toughest fight. His resume still isn't that impressive. He's either fought elite strikers with 0 TDD or just average guys. It doesn't discredit Khabib, he only can fight who is there but I'm more excited to see someone who isn't a turtle on his back but I still expect Khabib to maul the crap out of Diamond

• Like 1

I think Poirier is gonna get rag dolled for 5 rounds in a lopsided decision similar to Khabib/Iaquinta

As much as I love Cerrone.. Hoping Ferguson wins because he'll be the guy to seriously challenge Khabib imo

Poirier, Cerrone, Conor.. Khabib will walk through them all imo

22 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I think Poirier is gonna get rag dolled for 5 rounds in a lopsided decision similar to Khabib/Iaquinta

As much as I love Cerrone.. Hoping Ferguson wins because he'll be the guy to seriously challenge Khabib imo

Poirier, Cerrone, Conor.. Khabib will walk through them all imo

Cerrone has good BJJ too though, why you think Ferguson has a much better chance than him?

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

Hot take...me thinks not

I think he's got a better chance then most people think. His wrestling isn't terrible and his power is very, very real. I'm not saying he's going to win but he's certainly got more then a punchers chance. 

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Cerrone has good BJJ too though, why you think Ferguson has a much better chance than him?

People think he's the only one with good BJJ at 155 and they are WRONG.

The same people that think Max has good BJJ probably lmao

Edited by BullsandBroncos

6 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I don't even know if bjj is that important against khabib, unless it is for a submission.

bjj guys don't out position wrestlers. 

BJJ has a lot to do with being on your back and changing position. There's no pinning or cradle back points in it. Having a good full guard and half guard against Khabib is a huge key to beating him.

20 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I think he's got a better chance then most people think. His wrestling isn't terrible and his power is very, very real. I'm not saying he's going to win but he's certainly got more then a punchers chance. 

I'm not discrediting Dustin.  He is a bad dude with a very well-rounded game.  I just don't see him being able to beat Khabib unless he catches him with something early.  Khabib has shown that he can eat punches to eventually get the fight where he wants to.  His top position and ground n pound are a problem for ANYONE.

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

I'm not discrediting Dustin.  He is a bad dude with a very well-rounded game.  I just don't see him being able to beat Khabib unless he catches him with something early. 

I think we're saying the same thing just a little differently. I expect Khabib to take him down and devastate him with GNP - however, Porier has the power to end the fight early. 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 4:18 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

I don't even know if bjj is that important against khabib, unless it is for a submission.

bjj guys don't out position wrestlers. 

Yea I mean the submission is the best weapon and something he has never really had to defend against vs his other opponents

3 hours ago, Big Snack said:

Cowboy has now officially made 155 3 times in 4 months.  That guy is insane

We all know he is off his rocker and that's why we love him. Cerrone is the epitome of why casual fight fans become die hards. Ready to throw down whenever and is hella exciting too