MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

it wouldn't make any sense for Jorge to fight him. Imagine using the apex of your career to fight Leon Edwards, who like 6 people have watched fight more than once and was kinda important enough for them to remember. That would be like Nate beating Conor and then fighting Beneil Dariush. Super tough fight that the casuals won't care about. 

Nate didn't pull a ***** move on Dariush. And that's massive disrespect to Edwards. Masvidal just knows what would happen if they fought.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Nate didn't pull a ***** move on Dariush. And that's massive disrespect to Edwards. Masvidal just knows what would happen if they fought.

I think it has more to do with him wanting a title shot than being afraid of fighting Edwards. 

His last 5 fights were Askren, Till, Wonderboy, Maia, and Cowboy. I don't think he is afraid to fight Edwards. It just doesn't make any sense for him. 

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I think it has more to do with him wanting a title shot than being afraid of fighting Edwards. 

His last 5 fights were Askren, Till, Wonderboy, Maia, and Cowboy. I don't think he is afraid to fight Edwards. It just doesn't make any sense for him. 

He can want whatever he wants, doesn't mean it should happen. Dude is 6-4 at WW and would get straight up worked by Usman. Nobody wants to see that fight. If Colby beats Robbie and gets the shot, and Jorge continues to duck Edwards...well....then we'll know.

6 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

The Chris vs Dominick Reyes at 205 for the main event of UFC Boston in October. Really interesting fight, I think it's definitely a springboard for whoever wins this to get a title shot next.

Also heard Corey Anderson is the frontrunner to fight Jon Jones next (I guess he's not facing any disciplinary stuff for slapping that stripper in the p****). I guess it makes sense based on rankings/win streaks etc, but my god that is a boring fight. Non-steroids Jon Jones vs Corey "I like Corey Anderson, but you just beat Corey Anderson" Anderson. put that fight as a co-main event so it can serve as an intermission.

Agreed. Corey Anderson shouldn't be anywhere near a title shot. He has 1 stoppage victory since the TUF finale...

5 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

He needs to fight someone though unless he is given the next title shot. Its safe to assume that if Colby wins, he gets the next shot. Jorge cant just sit around.

2 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

It kinda makes sense from the Weasel's point of view to hold out for a title shot. His hype has never been higher, coming off those last two knockouts. He risks losing a lot of that hype if he fights Edwards and doesn't get a knockout.

Idk if not getting the KO is the concern. If he wins i think he’s fine. But Edwards is no slouch

oh man, Geoff Neal vs Niko Price was as crazy as I expected it would be. Geoff Neal is legit, no doubt about that.

Niko's a mad man, but he's gotta do something more to defend on the ground. He had full guard, and he was just taking clean shots straight up. He probably shouldn't have gotten knocked out like that.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I do NOT like that stoppage. Yeah, he was getting hit with some bombs but he wasn't even close to out.

I see the argument your way, but I agree with it. I don't think he was intelligently defending himself from those ground strikes, which is grounds for stopping the fight.

Just now, Buckrock101 said:

I see the argument your way, but I agree with it. I don't think he was intelligently defending himself from those ground strikes, which is grounds for stopping the fight.

But it's Nikko Price. You gotta know your fighters as a ref.