MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

6 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

I see a lot of people on Twitter saying he's the big loser out of all this, I guess in that he's not going to be in line for a fight against McGregor. But as far as him getting a title shot, he's definitely come out ahead, with Conor saying he wants to fight at 170 again

Agreed. Gaethje wanted Conor to take alot of damage or at least SOME damage and he took nothing. Now the UFC got what they wanted as Conor in as the replacement fighter for the LW title

6 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

Usman is huge, probably weighs around 185 come fight time, Connor just isn’t big enough. He would need to land multiple perfectly placed shots to get Usman down, all the while avoiding clinch and takedowns.

possible, but extremely unlikely

Conor has a better chance of beating Khabib than Usman. If he gets rag dolled by Khabib, a bigger guy will only be worse. Usman might be a little slower but he has to be stronger right?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Conor has a better chance of beating Khabib than Usman. If he gets rag dolled by Khabib, a bigger guy will only be worse. Usman might be a little slower but he has to be stronger right?

Absolutely. I think 2 more impressive wins by Conor and he’s ready for Khabib.

I think Khabib still wins tbh, but I do believe Connor when he says he wasn’t in the right state of mind for that fight, and I think the rematch is a lot more interesting.

In all seriousness though, I think people who just assume Khabib wins the Ferguson fight are sleeping TF. Guy is a psychopath and can keep pace with anyone. Khabib’s boxing has always been his weak point, and Tony is willing to take punishment to give it.

I think the TF v Khabib match is extremely exciting and unpredictable. 

28 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Lol why does everyone think Usman is unbeatable.. He can get hit as we saw with Covington but Covington hits like a flea 

Khabib would crush Usman. I'd bet on Masvidal beating Usman.

I disagree. I think Usmans size and wrestling would cause huge problems for Khabib and I think Usmans stand up game is better than Khabibs as well.

I also think Masvidal is extremely overrated at the moment. He had a flashy KO over a fighter who proved not to be very good against the best, and beat Nate due to a cut. He’s a good fighter, but not among the best at 170 imo

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

I disagree. I think Usmans size and wrestling would cause huge problems for Khabib and I think Usmans stand up game is better than Khabibs as well.

I also think Masvidal is extremely overrated at the moment. He had a flashy KO over a fighter who proved not to be very good against the best, and beat Nate due to a cut. He’s a good fighter, but not among the best at 170 imo

Khabib is a huge LW who has been known to take DC down at will in training.

I think we all have to pump the brakes on Usman a bit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pats#1 said:

woah, woah, woah. he did not beat nate due to a cut. He destroyed nate, that was not a competitive fight.

WIth that said, masvidals riding a wave, 18 months ago he was just a solid fighter that no one really cared about, now hes a fan favorite. But lets not confuse that with him being the best, i mean, i think he beats the majority of the top 10 guys bit the truly elite would run through him.

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Lol why does everyone think Usman is unbeatable.. He can get hit as we saw with Covington but Covington hits like a flea 

bad takes all the way around, congrats!

most importantly, only way it makes sense to bet masvidal winning is if he were a large dog, like over +450 and usman -500 or something where you just dont make enough money on usman winning. otherwise would be really stupid tbh.

3 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

Absolutely. I think 2 more impressive wins by Conor and he’s ready for Khabib.

I think Khabib still wins tbh, but I do believe Connor when he says he wasn’t in the right state of mind for that fight, and I think the rematch is a lot more interesting.

In all seriousness though, I think people who just assume Khabib wins the Ferguson fight are sleeping TF. Guy is a psychopath and can keep pace with anyone. Khabib’s boxing has always been his weak point, and Tony is willing to take punishment to give it.

I think the TF v Khabib match is extremely exciting and unpredictable. 

Khabib should definitely be favored but i do feel like people are sleeping on Ferguson 

I think that Khabib takes care of business against Tony, but I do agree he causes way more problems than other opponents.  His pace is crazy, and will match Khabib.  His striking is superior to Khabib, and he can threaten from his back when/if he gets taken down.  His defense is just plain horrible, and I could see Khabib ground and pounding him, or actually taking Tony's back and getting a sub.

3 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Khabib is a huge LW who has been known to take DC down at will in training.

I think we all have to pump the brakes on Usman a bit

I don’t believe this for a second and I can’t find anything confirming this. 

DC is an Olympic level wrestler and much bigger than Khabib. I haven’t seen Or heard anything That would suggest Khabib would best DC if they were both the same size either.

4 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

woah, woah, woah. he did not beat nate due to a cut. He destroyed nate, that was not a competitive fight.

WIth that said, masvidals riding a wave, 18 months ago he was just a solid fighter that no one really cared about, now hes a fan favorite. But lets not confuse that with him being the best, i mean, i think he beats the majority of the top 10 guys bit the truly elite would run through him.

I don't agree with that at all. Nate notoriously starts slow and picks things up in rounds 3-5. Nate has a bunch of scar tissue and cuts very easily. Masvidal won the first two rounds, and was getting good shots in, but not was not destroyed in any way imo.

10 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Well he fought someone that puts out the most volume on the entire UFC and literally never tried to wrestle once. I think he would have a different gameplan for basically any other fighter. 

4 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

I don't agree with that at all. Nate notoriously starts slow and picks things up in rounds 3-5. Nate has a bunch of scar tissue and cuts very easily. Masvidal won the first two rounds, and was getting good shots in, but not was not destroyed in any way imo.

What actually took place in the fight Nate got destroyed.

Also there really isn't any evidence that Nate is a good/great round 4 & 5 fighter.