MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Anyone think Gathje takes Vick out? It seems like everyone is doubting Justin

I know he is the dog in this fight but ill take Gathje. I  like Vick a lot but this is  a step up in caliber for him. If vick gets by him and his forward pressure then i think he makes a major jump forward, but im not sure he is ready to handle that type of pressure the same way eddie or dustin did.

Gaethje v. Vick
Johnson v. Fili
Casey v. Hill (this gonna be boring af)
Ellenberger v. Barberena (why dana letting jake fight still?)
Moraga v. Figueiredo
Anders v. Williams (this some bellator showcase type ****) 

Krause v. Alves
Sandhagen v. Alcantara (have no idea who sandhagen is.. alcantara fights usually boring, so rooting for him)
Sanchez v. Perez
Gall v. Sullivan (Gall's probably the second most recognizable name on the card, nah? this should be in the casey v. hill slot imo) 

Calderwood v. Faria 
Dober v. Tuck 
Yahya v. Sanders (will ride the cool hand luke hype til they cut him like thatch) 

9 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Anyone think Gathje takes Vick out? It seems like everyone is doubting Justin

It all depends on how Vick deals with Justin's leg kicks. No doubt he's going to be a huge part of Justin's strategy.

I can see Vick giving Gaethje a lot of trouble by keeping him at the end of his jab. He totally shut down Joe Duffy with the jab, and I don't think Gaethje will like it a whole lot if he can't get inside and make it ugly. I've been high on the idea that Gaethje's going to murk him, but starting to doubt it now.

I just think Vick might have to stop the fight in the first couple of rounds. as the fight goes on, it's going to get right where Gaethje likes it, and if he's been landing on the legs it's going to add up in a big way in the later rounds.

Maybe I'm caught in the Conor hype but I think he sleeps Khabib in the first two rounds. Khabib is 26-0 but his record isn't nearly as impressive as some 14-2 type guys. Who has he really beat? Barbosa is not beating any Top 5 contender. We haven't seen Khabib against a truly elite level fighter like Conor, Tony, or Kevin Lee. Khabib doesn't have some crazy shoot in ability like GSP. He has to get ahold of you. Conor is quick and can easily catch Khabib with a combo before he even touches him. 

Don't get me wrong. I'm totally 50/50 on this fight. However, I think everyone is sleeping on Conor, as always. 

We're all in agreement Khabib either smothers him with a decision or eventual submission and it looks like a man beating up a child or Conor sleeps him in the first two rounds. One of those will happen. However, the second option has a better chance than people think. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Maybe I'm caught in the Conor hype but I think he sleeps Khabib in the first two rounds. Khabib is 26-0 but his record isn't nearly as impressive as some 14-2 type guys. Who has he really beat? Barbosa is not beating any Top 5 contender. We haven't seen Khabib against a truly elite level fighter like Conor, Tony, or Kevin Lee. Khabib doesn't have some crazy shoot in ability like GSP. He has to get ahold of you. Conor is quick and can easily catch Khabib with a combo before he even touches him. 

Don't get me wrong. I'm totally 50/50 on this fight. However, I think everyone is sleeping on Conor, as always. 

We're all in agreement Khabib either smothers him with a decision or eventual submission and it looks like a man beating up a child or Conor sleeps him in the first two rounds. One of those will happen. However, the second option has a better chance than people think. 

Honestly i couldnt hate this fight more. Its the poster child for the problem with the ufc. Connor has never defended his belt and hasnt fought in two years (besides a money grab boxing match) and he gets a title fight right after appearing in court for throwing a dolly through a bus window, full of ufc fighters. 

Ufc has the best fighters and makes great fights but as a sporting organization its a complete joke. 

My hope is its five rounds of complete snooze fest. Connor waiting for khabib to dive in so he can counter and khabib waiting for connor to rush in so he can get a takedown. 

40 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

Honestly i couldnt hate this fight more. Its the poster child for the problem with the ufc. Connor has never defended his belt and hasnt fought in two years (besides a money grab boxing match) and he gets a title fight right after appearing in court for throwing a dolly through a bus window, full of ufc fighters. 

Ufc has the best fighters and makes great fights but as a sporting organization its a complete joke. 

My hope is its five rounds of complete snooze fest. Connor waiting for khabib to dive in so he can counter and khabib waiting for connor to rush in so he can get a takedown. 

New owners have 4B to recoup...

It's a lot better than boxing who pad their records to 40-0 before anyone is willing to fight anyone. UFC is consistent good fights while boxing has 2-3 good matchups a year.

Also Conor never lost his title. And Khabib beat a dude who is not even Top 10 Ranked to become LW champ. Conor and Tony are more ofa LW Champ than Khabib is currently IMO.

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

New owners have 4B to recoup...

It's a lot better than boxing who pad their records to 40-0 before anyone is willing to fight anyone. UFC is consistent good fights while boxing has 2-3 good matchups a year.

Also Conor never lost his title. And Khabib beat a dude who is not even Top 10 Ranked to become LW champ. Conor and Tony are more ofa LW Champ than Khabib is currently IMO.

Connor has only one fight in the lw division doesnt he? I know he never lost his belt but he also chose not to defend it. Conor lost all rights to the belt or a fight for it when he chose to have a 6 hour coke flight  with a gang of cowards to fight khabib in a parking lot and not in the cage. He had plenty of opportunity to defend his belt. 

Tony on the other hand is head and shoulders above everyone deserves a shot and it’s unfortunate that hes injured because i would like to know if they would have screwed him or not.