MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

New owners have 4B to recoup...

It's a lot better than boxing who pad their records to 40-0 before anyone is willing to fight anyone. UFC is consistent good fights while boxing has 2-3 good matchups a year.

Also Conor never lost his title. And Khabib beat a dude who is not even Top 10 Ranked to become LW champ. Conor and Tony are more ofa LW Champ than Khabib is currently IMO.

I agree with the fight for this reason. He never lost the belt so he deserves this shot. Now I was super pissed about the dolly thing but if the courts don't jail him, the UFC is gonna give him a fight. 

I agree Khabib/Conor is gonna leave no doubt. Either Conor sleeps him or gets rag dolled for 5 rounds

Pettis lucked out by not having to fight Hooker.

I'm partly joking, but honestly this is actually a decent matchup for Pettis. Tony's a monster, but there's no arguing he puts himself in trouble sometimes. Pettis has shown some flaws the last few years, but there's still no questioning he's a natural finisher. I wouldn't rule out Pettis catching Tony with a kick or a guillotine/armbar.

3 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Pettis lucked out by not having to fight Hooker.

I'm partly joking, but honestly this is actually a decent matchup for Pettis. Tony's a monster, but there's no arguing he puts himself in trouble sometimes. Pettis has shown some flaws the last few years, but there's still no questioning he's a natural finisher. I wouldn't rule out Pettis catching Tony with a kick or a guillotine/armbar.

Considering Lando Vanatta had him on the ropes, I think Showtime can get him as well. This is a GREAT matchup for Anthony tbh. Ferguson is as tough as nails but he'll stand and trade with Pettis and that's exactly when he thrives. Also, this means that he's likely a win away from another title shot, whether he deserves it or not. Meaning, should he beat Tony, he'd have to win 1 more. Poirier will get his shot next, obviously. I'd like to see, if they can get him re-signed, a rematch between Pettis and Eddie Alvarez. This is all assuming he beats Ferguson which is anything but promised.

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

Kinda annoyed Tony/Pettis got put on the Conor card instead of Poirier/Nate.

If either Conor or Khabib pull out, Tony most likely will get the shot. 

Yeah you need HIGH insurance for the Main Event. I'm sure Tony signed something he has to fight in the Main Event if Conor or Khabib pull out. And he deserves it anyways. 

I think Tony (if he wins) fighting the winner of Conor vs Khabib makes the most sense. I don't wanna see Khabib vs GSP or Conor vs GSP/Nate. Yawn. 

And I think Tony beats Pettis easily in this fight.