MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

3 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

almost 2 months until UFC 230 and there's still no main event announced.

every day it ticks on makes me more confident it's going to be a JBJ comeback. Dillashaw or Cejudo aren't going to be main event for a MSG PPV. mens FW, LW are booked. Cyborg and Nunes are booked. DC's not going to fight at heavyweight unless it's against Brock, and I feel like he needs more time to get his weight down if he's gonna fight at LHW (unless he's been doing this in secret already).

I guess the only other possibility is that they want GSP to go against the winner of 228. That'll be kind of short notice, but I think Woodley/Till would be down considering it's likely a pretty big payday. maybe not Till though, since he kills himself getting to 170.

Jones is the only non-champ I could see headlining this event, outside of GSP, and GSP doesn't really have anyone he could face. JBJ/Gus or JBJ/Cain could certainly work.

Really 2 months away isn't long enough? That really sucks but I suppose if he isn't thinking about it there isn't a major reason to keep it under the wraps. I really hope it is a JBJ ME

14 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Really 2 months away isn't long enough? That really sucks but I suppose if he isn't thinking about it there isn't a major reason to keep it under the wraps. I really hope it is a JBJ ME

I think a normal training camp is 3 months. so if he's not already training, it would be somewhat short notice (for a title fight), even without considering that he has to drop at least like 15-20 pounds just to get to his walkaround weight when he fought at 205.

22 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

just started watching this, but cowboy already talking about how Jackson-Wink did him dirty and he's not training there anymore

I was off yesterday so listened to the entire thing live and there is some crazy stuff there. My favorite part was him talking about the wrestling coach who was fired from his assistant coaching job at a college because he was selling roids to the college kids lol. I know there is 2 sides to every story but i am not a big fan of wink and  there has been a noticeable change to the roster and the overall performance since the merger.

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Anyone watch the new season of TUF premiere? Tried catching it but cant get it to load now

You and I are the only ones that watch it. I just enjoy binge watching it. I literally just skip to the last 15 mins. I cut out all the filler Bs. 

59 minutes ago, El ramster said:

You and I are the only ones that watch it. I just enjoy binge watching it. I literally just skip to the last 15 mins. I cut out all the filler Bs. 

i watch em all leading up to the TUF finale. but yeah the same generic back story ****/formula the show has is boring most of the time. 

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

i watch em all leading up to the TUF finale. but yeah the same generic back story ****/formula the show has is boring most of the time. 

Yup. Same fake manufactured bs. Over and over and over again. Some poor dude. Another dude lost his mom and his dog. A dude is fighting because he’s hungry to prove the world he’s the best. One dude is his own father. Another dude sleeps in his truck because he won’t ask anything from anyone, and survives off eating dog food.. Like dayum man. 

Only real season I enjoyed was That blackzillins vs ATT amazing talent in that stacked show.

Edited by El ramster

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Yup. Same fake manufactured bs. Over and over and over again. Some poor dude. Another dude lost his mom and his dog. A dude is fighting because he’s hungry to prove the world he’s the best. One dude is his own father. Another dude sleeps in his truck because he won’t ask anything from anyone... Like dayum man. 

Only real season I enjoyed was That blackzillins vs ATT amazing talent in that stacked show.

the only season i was making sure to watch every week was the one w/ kimbo, roy nelson, schaub, mitrione, justin wren, etc. that one was a lotta fun. 

blackzillions v. att was alright. both coaches seemed like weirdos so i wasn't really feeling it. conor v. faber was fun even tho the fights kinda sucked. 

you know what now that i think about it the one where they crowned the 115 woman champion was a lot of fun too. that was an underrated one. 

6 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

the only season i was making sure to watch every week was the one w/ kimbo, roy nelson, schaub, mitrione, justin wren, etc. that one was a lotta fun. 

blackzillions v. att was alright. both coaches seemed like weirdos so i wasn't really feeling it. conor v. faber was fun even tho the fights kinda sucked

you know what now that i think about it the one where they crowned the 115 woman champion was a lot of fun too. that was an underrated one. 

Kinda sucks is an understatement. I like the Bones/Chael TUF season. There were a lot of upsets and WOW finishes(mostly from Hall) but Gastelum's underdog story was a good one. 

On 8/30/2018 at 8:04 PM, Big Snack said:

I was off yesterday so listened to the entire thing live and there is some crazy stuff there. My favorite part was him talking about the wrestling coach who was fired from his assistant coaching job at a college because he was selling roids to the college kids lol. I know there is 2 sides to every story but i am not a big fan of wink and  there has been a noticeable change to the roster and the overall performance since the merger.

man when cerrone told this story it had me captivated like some high quality television 

• Like 1