MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

4 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Till moving up to 185

I don't like this. Rockhold, Romero, Weidman and any other big MW will merk him. Same with Whitaker.

He has a punchers chance against Gastelum imo. UFC needs a 195 Cruiserweight division to bridge the gap between 185 and 205 

9 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I just watched Conor demolish Alvarez again. I cannot convince myself Khabib will successfully shoot without eating Conor's left(s)

I think Khabib is gonna go to sleep by end of 2nd although Conor has to watch going for a finish if he floors Khabib early.

You mean like not getting caught in a sub from the ground? He dropped Eddie a few times and Conor didn't over pursue. I want Conor to win and I feel much better about his after looking at a few Khabib fights and how he gets his TDs but this will be interesting. Cant wait for the whole card though. The PPV should be very strong

9 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You mean like not getting caught in a sub from the ground? He dropped Eddie a few times and Conor didn't over pursue. I want Conor to win and I feel much better about his after looking at a few Khabib fights and how he gets his TDs but this will be interesting. Cant wait for the whole card though. The PPV should be very strong

Ya the whole card is very strong. The prelims were really good to till O’Malley dropped but still a decent enough prelim. 

Excited for volkov vs lewis especially. Really like volkov and think he will win but i  always bet aginst lewis and get burned. This fight is basically the heavyweight champion fight since DC most likely wont fight anyone in the rankings. 

13 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Are you calling Al a journeyman? That's just not true. He is alot better than alot of LWs on the roster

Al has like 1 win in 3 years and is focusing on selling houses. Either way he's a fringe top 15 LW at best, a wrestler with decent hands that will never be in title contention. 

1 hour ago, YoungJefe said:

Al has like 1 win in 3 years and is focusing on selling houses. Either way he's a fringe top 15 LW at best, a wrestler with decent hands that will never be in title contention. 

This is intellectually disingenuous at best. He has had contract disputes with the ufc and that is the single reason why he has not been very active. This would be like me saying Conor only has 1 win in the last 2 years. 155 is the most stacked division in the sport and he currently ranked 9th which is about right. He has holes  that cause too many problems against the top 7 or 8 guys but holds his own just fine against anyone in the 9-15 range.

4 hours ago, Big Snack said:

This is intellectually disingenuous at best. He has had contract disputes with the ufc and that is the single reason why he has not been very active. This would be like me saying Conor only has 1 win in the last 2 years. 155 is the most stacked division in the sport and he currently ranked 9th which is about right. He has holes  that cause too many problems against the top 7 or 8 guys but holds his own just fine against anyone in the 9-15 range.

Mma month. Never steers you wrong.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Big Snack said:

Iaquinta is a journeyman he'll never be a title contender, he looks great fighting guys like Diego Sanchez but who in the top 5 or 6 is he beating? 

38 minutes ago, YoungJefe said:

Iaquinta is a journeyman he'll never be a title contender, he looks great fighting guys like Diego Sanchez but who in the top 5 or 6 is he beating? 

To me a journeyman is someone that is proven to be average time and time again. A bottom-level gatekeeper, like 3 steps below what Cerrone/Faber were 2-3 years ago. So I think semantics is whats getting me so nbd but I think Al is much better than given credit for

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, YoungJefe said:

Where exactly did i say he was beating a top 5 or 6 guy?(he has already beat Kevin Lee but that was early in his career) I specifically said he had holes that make any top 7 or 8 fighter too much for him. I dont consider a fighter who is correctly ranked 9th in the deepest division in the UFC to be a journeyman.

3 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

Where exactly did i say he was beating a top 5 or 6 guy?(he has already beat Kevin Lee but that was early in his career) I specifically said he had holes that make any top 7 or 8 fighter too much for him. I dont consider a fighter who is correctly ranked 9th in the deepest division in the UFC to be a journeyman.

I think we're all stuck on that word is all

We spent alot of time talking about Conor/Khabib and rightfully so but what about the others?

Ferg-Pettis is a fireworks fight and as a Ferguson fan I'm worried for him because Pettis is a dangerous dude. I just pray if Pettis wins that Conor wins. I dont want to see Pettis v Khabib but even if Anthony wins, I cant imagine he gets a shot next anyways

OSP-Reyes probably isn't lasting a full round

Lewis-Volkov hopefully won't last a round because Lewis has the cardio of a 105 year old man after taking the stairs to bingo