All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

26 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

What, you didnt like how Cole promoted him as this "moody" fellow? lol

I sensed that Vince had no clue about Aleisters character or development so far. Bruce cant work himself in soon enough.

Well, my feeling is that Aleister is going to end up on Smackdown.  I feel like Vince can't figure out whether Aleister is a heel or a face; he sees tattooed, dark, and sinister and automatically thinks heel.  It's the same reason why, I feel, it took so damn long for us to get Braybyface, because Vince looks at the total package (look, entrance, music) and thinks, "By God, he's a HEEL!"

Fortunately, if Aleister goes to Smackdown, there's less potential for Vince to muck things up as there are more sensible producers on Smackdown than there are on RAW (where Hayes is literally the only one that seems to know what he's doing and he's lazy AF these days).

From what I've heard, Hunter has considerably more control with the guys being brought up from NXT than previously - the same kind of booking control he now has with Seth.  Also, it figures, Vince it seems has managed to outsmart himself with his lack of paying attention to other promotions.  It seems like Taker taking a booking to do Starcast got Vince spooked, as he thought that Starcast is specifically an AEW product, when in reality there's just the good working relationship between Conrad and the AEW guys.  i think that's part of why he was so adamant about bringing Bruce back into the fold and why they hit this reset button.  Vince was never going to bat an eyelash no matter how many of his mid-card guys jumped ship, it was going to take one of his BIG NAMES who were WWE-made.  Not saying Taker is going to AEW (he won't), but he is taking bookings outside WWE (at like $50K a pop just to show up and work a table), and WWE's trying (last I heard) to do a stock buyback right now.

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

Well, my feeling is that Aleister is going to end up on Smackdown.  I feel like Vince can't figure out whether Aleister is a heel or a face; he sees tattooed, dark, and sinister and automatically thinks heel.  It's the same reason why, I feel, it took so damn long for us to get Braybyface, because Vince looks at the total package (look, entrance, music) and thinks, "By God, he's a HEEL!"

Fortunately, if Aleister goes to Smackdown, there's less potential for Vince to muck things up as there are more sensible producers on Smackdown than there are on RAW (where Hayes is literally the only one that seems to know what he's doing and he's lazy AF these days).

From what I've heard, Hunter has considerably more control with the guys being brought up from NXT than previously - the same kind of booking control he now has with Seth.  Also, it figures, Vince it seems has managed to outsmart himself with his lack of paying attention to other promotions.  It seems like Taker taking a booking to do Starcast got Vince spooked, as he thought that Starcast is specifically an AEW product, when in reality there's just the good working relationship between Conrad and the AEW guys.  i think that's part of why he was so adamant about bringing Bruce back into the fold and why they hit this reset button.  Vince was never going to bat an eyelash no matter how many of his mid-card guys jumped ship, it was going to take one of his BIG NAMES who were WWE-made.  Not saying Taker is going to AEW (he won't), but he is taking bookings outside WWE (at like $50K a pop just to show up and work a table), and WWE's trying (last I heard) to do a stock buyback right now.

I said when AEW first started in this thread that Bruce would be a great pick up for them, wouldn’t be surprised if this is partly to keep him away from them. Which works for me because I’m happy Bruce is back in the WWE in a senior creative role. Raw badly needs him

And I love that, since the inception of the Universal title, they've relegated the WWE title to the World Heavyweight Championship level. I'd rather have that belt back, damn it. It was the sexiest belt in the history of professional sports entertainment.

24 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I say it a lot but...how long do I have to wait to see the big boy strap on Miz again? Doesn't matter whether it's the Universal (which likely never happens) or the WWE title. He deserves it. Put one of them on him relatively soon.

prolly never again, he's trying to just make daddy proud now 

24 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And I love that, since the inception of the Universal title, they've relegated the WWE title to the World Heavyweight Championship level. I'd rather have that belt back, damn it. It was the sexiest belt in the history of professional sports entertainment.

I do love the constant comments and advertising on "FIND OUT WHO WILL CHALLENGE DANIEL BRYAN AT FASTLANE" as if there needs to be a challenger at the pay per view while the universal title gets defended 3 times a year 

Just now, beekay414 said:

I told you.

Just like I told you about the Wiggins vs Giannis thing! Trust in me, my brethren! I shalt not lead you astray!

woah woah woah i never liked kyrie. i just didn't think i'd begin to lose interest in the celtics because of how unlikeable he is. but yeah, i missed on the wiggins arc. the power of the timberwolves cannot be understated. 

Just now, Troy Brown said:

woah woah woah i never liked kyrie. i just didn't think i'd begin to lose interest in the celtics because of how unlikeable he is. but yeah, i missed on the wiggins arc. the power of the timberwolves cannot be understated. 

I don't blame you. Hype takes a lot of victims!

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Agreed. They should have brought the WHC back during the brand split. It's cooler looking and way less cringey than the Universal title. However, they slightly ruined the WHC when they kept it around as essentially a secondary belt when the first brand split ended.

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I say it a lot but...how long do I have to wait to see the big boy strap on Miz again? Doesn't matter whether it's the Universal (which likely never happens) or the WWE title. He deserves it. Put one of them on him relatively soon.

So long as Miz himself is content to be that mid-card stalwart - which, I'm willing to bet, now that he has one kid and another on the way and gets the concessions to be allowed the time off to spend with them (which is exactly what having a show like Miz and Mrs. is), he's likely to prioritize family over being the tippy-top guy in his company.  I've met Mike on a number of occasions, he's my fraternity brother; he's going to value the former over the later.

Archived