2018 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION

Thaiphoon

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I get it, I’d just rather not see that all day long in every thread because it gets old.

At the same time, because Allen is in charge of all football operations (nominally, Jay Gruden's job depends on keeping Allen happy), he affects the entire franchise. Getting Moron out is necessary, but looks to be a long slog.

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Dang, just saw that. Bummer, he would have been a great fit. 

But truthfully I think they probably won’t be looking WR quite yet anyway. I’d bet on a pick to grab some secondary help if I was a gambling man. Which I am.

And there goes Antonio Calloway to the Browns. That's a bit of a surprise. On one hand, having solid depth behind Gordon makes sense since he's one screw up from being out of the league entirely. On the other, putting a disciplinary problem behind him seems a tad risky.

EDIT: Ian Rapaport just reported Calloway failed a drug test at the Combine because he smoked weed a couple weeks before the Combine knowing full well he would be drug tested. That's ... not good.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Between Ioannidis, Allen, and Payne, it doesn't make much sense to me to go back to the DL again if the Redskins are going to stay in a "3-4." There's just not enough roster spots and spending a 4th on a guy who would look to be rotational at best is not the best use of the draft.

Woz it’s the 4th round. More young depth at any position can never be a bad thing. Almost every player drafted at this point and beyond in the draft is going to be a rotational depth player behind your starters.

Just now, Woz said:

And there goes Antonio Calloway to the Browns. That's a bit of a surprise. On one hand, having solid depth behind Gordon makes sense since he's one screw up from being out of the league entirely. On the other, putting a disciplinary problem behind him seems a tad risky.

Oh god, this is not good. Last time the Browns drafted a cocky qb in round 1 with questions off the field & on it and put him with a talented but troubled young wr it didn’t go so well.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Woz it’s the 4th round. More young depth at any position can never be a bad thing. Almost every player drafted at this point and beyond in the draft is going to be a rotational depth player behind your starters.

If we had made the pick there, I wouldn't have been totally upset, but I think it would have been ignoring other positions of bigger need/value combinations.

Hence why I am glad he went off the board.

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

At the same time, because Allen is in charge of all football operations (nominally, Jay Gruden's job depends on keeping Allen happy), he affects the entire franchise. Getting Moron out is necessary, but looks to be a long slog.

I’d rather just talk about football than Bruce Allen constantly. That’s why I always get frustrated when I see so much Bruce Allen talk, I just want to talk football.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Isn't this where Breeland, Crowder, and Nicholson were drafted?

1 minute ago, Woz said:

If we had made the pick there, I wouldn't have been totally upset, but I think it would have been ignoring other positions of bigger need/value combinations.

Hence why I am glad he went off the board.

True, it still remains that at this point you want to take the best player available in a position you need and we still could use a young DL to develop just as much as a young DB, OL or any other player. Our work on building the DL with young studs is not done.

Archived