2018 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION

Thaiphoon

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I went to the same high school Hand did, Woodbridge. Not at the same time as he’s obviously much younger than me but he’s by far the best player to ever come out of there. I’d love for him to be a Redskin. 

Ah, Woodbridge. I work down near there, a little bit south in Triangle.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

With 4.34 speed you gotta wonder if the guy could play some slot CB.

There is a reason he was not prjected to go until at least the 6th. Likely cannot cover and if he didnt have the combine numbers he did, he likely goes undrafted. 

1 minute ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

What the hell was that? Haha we were promised the parrot was going to call the pick. Booooooooo!!

I think the bird was supposed to flap its wings and say go Bucs or something given the way the lady was doing a nutty chicken dance.

Between that and the Jets trying to video in the pick via an tablet from Children's Hospital, I hope teams start skipping the kitschy quirks. I know it isn't going to happen, but here's hoping.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Ah, Woodbridge. I work down near there, a little bit south in Triangle.

That’s where I was born and grew up. I’ve lived in Old Town Alexandria for awhile now but Woodbridge still feels like home lol

16 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Stop.  Just b/c he's white doesn't mean he's Harrison Smith.  They don't even have the same skill-set.

They’re fast and athletic safeties. I’m saying he has the physical attributes to develop into that. I’m not sure we really truly know what Apke’s skill-set is because he was only a one-year starter, he needs development. I hope Gray and company can develop him in the next few years to eventually be starting material.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

That’s where I was born and grew up. I’ve lived in Old Town Alexandria for awhile now but Woodbridge still feels like home lol

I live in silver spring, MD my job moved further away from me in 2010 from Fairfax to Triangle. It’s a hell of a commute, but I love my job and the organization I work for so I’m not leaving.

8 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Meanwhile we’re snatching up Adam Archuleta again ?

Honestly, probably a decent comparison.

Almost exactly the same size, and of course Archuleta was a combine freak too. Except that Apke ran faster and jumped higher and — though it seems like Archuleta didn’t do the agility drills (for good reason probably) — was, I guarantee better in those too. 

And we got Apke in the 4th round, instead of pick 20. To be fair, if you’re getting Adam Archuleta in the 4th round, that’s a pretty big win. 

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Between that and the Jets trying to video in the pick via an tablet from Children's Hospital, I hope teams start skipping the kitschy quirks. I know it isn't going to happen, but here's hoping.

Absolutely agree. These are ridiculous. If you’re sitting down on a Saturday in late April to watch rounds 4-7 of the NFL Draft, you’re most likely a true fan and don’t need or want the gimmicks. It’s so dumb.

Ha! There’s Poe, the Ravens mascott. I’ll never forget when I almost got in a fight with him in 2001 when I was in the Towson town mall. I was wearing my Lavar Arrington jersey and he was there with Jamaal Lewis who was signing autographs.

There goes Kyzir White from Wvu who I wanted. It will be interesting to follow Apke, Whitehead, White, Watts, Allen and Blanding to see which of them develop into the better long term player. My feeling is Apke will be a special teams demon for us and maybe a starter after we move on from Swearinger in 3 years or so but the other safeties at this point are better safeties, and not just an athlete learning and developing into the position.

15 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Shows that skill @ 1:12 in this video:

NIce, thanks HTTR. He has all kinds of upside. He shows Awesome range like Nicholson, is a sound tackler in coverage and around the line of scrimmage, good hands, great speed and showed some ability to play the slot. If/when Gray can develop him, he could be a steal.

Archived