Draft Thread

BigD1123

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Big if. And then if he does, he will bolt in FA because we will prioritize Cooper and other players before him.

Exactly.

Is he talented? Yes, if his head is screwed on straight and he isn't being a diva.

Is his head screwed on straight? No.

Is he known for not being a diva? No.

Not worth a 3rd rounder in this case. There is usually the "maybe he pans out great" or "maybe he busts" factor, then there's the "he would have panned out except..." (Aldon Smiths of the world). Bryant is closer to being in that third category. When he's suspended or booted off the team, nobody is going to care "what we could have gotten HAD he panned out". 

1 minute ago, holyghost said:

Not true bro, there's a long list of 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th round guys they picked during Cable's tenure there. 6-8 guys in all, not a player amongst them.

So odds are in our favor. Even a monkey filling in random answers gets a couple right. 

I love Bryant as a WR, but the possibility of him getting suspended and being in a contract year scares me. 

I do think he is very underrated as a WR though. And if he does do great, we should get a comp pick for him, unless we sign a ton of guys next offseason. So I don't hate the trade.  

7 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Seattle never picked a guy early. They picked late round potatoes and wanted Cable to make potato salad.

Eh, they picked a few guys early but I get your point. Problem is, Cable proceeded to make potato soup with that O-line. 

And so now Cable has them taking those late round potatos early. Still not helpful.

4 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

I love Bryant as a WR, but the possibility of him getting suspended and being in a contract year scares me. 

I do think he is very underrated as a WR though. And if he does do great, we should get a comp pick for him, unless we sign a ton of guys next offseason. So I don't hate the trade.  

He has shown flashes of being a Pro Bowl WR who can take over games, stretch the field and be exactly what this team has been lacking.  This pick helps our O tremendously and he is only 26.  Well worth the risk of a 3rd rounder.  Tell me how many 3rd round picks over the last 3 years you would rather have than Bryant.  

I remember reading an article that talked about how the Seahawks didn’t draft a single OL player that fit into Cable’s public (but not well known), measurables. There was also another where Gruden talked about Seattle’s OL problem as a roster problem, not a coaching problem.

This tells me that Cable had little or no sway in picking out his players in Seattle, and all I know is Cable turned Justin f-in Fargas into a 1,000 yard rusher while he was here, so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

He has shown flashes of being a Pro Bowl WR who can take over games, stretch the field and be exactly what this team has been lacking.  This pick helps our O tremendously and he is only 26.  Well worth the risk of a 3rd rounder.  Tell me how many 3rd round picks over the last 3 years you would rather have than Bryant.  

I agree, I just don't like how he could be gone after one year. I still like the risk though. 

19 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

A 3rd rounder would require him signing a massive contract, which I don't see happening given his extensive drug history. 

True and this yr wideouts got massive contracts. Wideouts not on his talent level. IF he has no more substance issues and plays the way he has it's a win win in my book. But then to me it's worth a third to not have Seth Dropberts on the field.

1 minute ago, Blazer026 said:

I agree, I just don't like how he could be gone after one year. I still like the risk though. 

Anyone who doesn't like this move clearly has never watched Bryant closely.  This move helps out Carr and Cooper quite a bit.  Because of Bryant and Jordan we can finally use Cooper in the proper fashion.  Cooper has his best year yet barring injury...

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Anyone who doesn't like this move clearly has never watched Bryant closely.  This move helps out Carr and Cooper quite a bit.  Because of Bryant and Jordan we can finally use Cooper in the proper fashion.  Cooper has his best year yet barring injury...

Helps lynch and the running game too. Offense got better today. We can still get a very good defender with our next pick.

we'll probably take a RB or TE though haha 

Archived