Draft Thread

BigD1123

Just now, raidr4life said:

I don' like the trade, but your not getting worked over if you get the guy you wanted all along and get extra picks.

We got a 2nd round OT in any other draft. (3rd rounder in some years) Because OT is weak this year we took him in the first. That’s very said example of drafting out of need. 

Just now, TheMadStork said:

Good point.possible.people think Gruden is a great drafter..his buc teams were known for poor drafts if he had any hand in those picks. 

Naw this screams reg I hope I’m wrong and he is a all pro or even top 20. 

3 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Shouldve never hired Tom Cable

This is the take. He's a fly in the ointment. Between the abuse, his absymal record at developing talent, and the lack of performance in his past, he can't be fired soon enough.

Derwin James is a defensive leader, we need one. It's done now, but he was the guy. 

At least we're going to see a cut fest to get down to 53, and stacking up draftees in the hopes we hit on some winners. Have no idea what the plan is with our tackles - Sharpe sits I am sure. Does Miller play on the right? If so, is Giacomini cut, and if so, isn't his "too high" salary somewhat guaranteed? Not sure what the heck happened here. 

Just now, raidr4life said:

I don' like the trade, but your not getting worked over if you get the guy you wanted all along and get extra picks.

Then he is a bad recognizing early round talent.  Time to go see the Avengers now.

Just now, holyghost said:

This is the take. He's a fly in the ointment. Between the abuse, his absymal record at developing talent, and the lack of performance in his past, he can't be fired soon enough.

Derwin James is a defensive leader, we need one. It's done now, but he was the guy. 

At least we're going to see a cut fest to get down to 53, and stacking up draftees in the hopes we hit on some winners. Have no idea what the plan is with our tackles - Sharpe sits I am sure. Does Miller play on the right? If so, is Giacomini cut, and if so, isn't his "too high" salary somewhat guaranteed? Not sure what the heck happened here. 

Hopefully he outplays penn or it’s a wasted pick imo 

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

Then he is a bad recognizing early round talent.  Time to go see the Avengers now.

Same scenario as the Hayden pick. Yeah, we traded back. But were stuck on a misread of a draftee to begin with. Stuck again on a typical old time Raiders pick. Pick a player, not an athletic model of one.

Archived