Bucs draft RB Ronald Jones II - SIGNED

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Perfectly okay with this, high gamebreaking ability and is a nice compliment to Barber. We can throw two different run sets at teams now. 

I'm a fan too. I like that he's a one cut runner. It seems to match our blocking.

Koetter loves his explosive plays and Jones seems like the kind of RB that can create them.

10 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

For those concerned.

Of course Jones would say that lol. I need to see it consistently to believe it.

With his size and ability to make guys miss in space, he needs to develop this aspect to become a true dual threat. 

Would greatly improve his chances of developing into more than just a rotational RB...

I wouldn't mind double dipping at running back. I like John Kelly or Hynes. Walton and Scarborough wouldn't be bad either. Still a lot of great talent at the position left on the board. I agree I would like to make Quizzicality and Sims earn their spots on the roster. Quizz wasn't to impressive last season and I have never really been a fan of Sims. 

"You always gave me the confidence that I could do anything, if I put my mind to it. Trust me, I will do my duty, just give me the strength. I am thankful for the time God did give us on this Earth," Jones wrote in his father's eulogy. "It is now up to me to carry on the Jones name and I promise to do everything in my power to make you proud, until we meet again." 

Yeah. I'm gonna go ahead and say old Walt's talking out of his ***.

51 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

He was being interviewed in NFL network and they asked about what he does for fun and he said hiking... doesn't sound like he will he a problem lol. 

He’s going to be extremely bored living in Flordia then.

Not gonna lie. I was pretty down on Jones before the draft. I didn't watch that much of him though. I was more focused on guys like Barkley, Guice, Chubb, and Penny. I thought one of the latter three were likely to be Bucs. But after spending most of my morning actually reading about him and watching cut ups of his play, I'm on board.

He was top five (all time) in rushing at USC, with less carries than just about everyone in the top 10. And USC has had some damn amazing RBs.

His story is great. And I fully expect him to play here like he still has plenty to prove; just like he has since high school. Like @ravishingone said, he's the most explosive RB we've had since Cadillac's rookie year, and the fastest guy we've had back there since Dunn.

Koetter's gonna make him split reps early because he needs work in pass pro. But I'm positive he will become a legit three down back.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Not gonna lie. I was pretty down on Jones before the draft. I didn't watch that much of him though. I was more focused on guys like Barkley, Guice, Chubb, and Penny. I thought one of the latter three were likely to be Bucs. But after spending most of my morning actually reading about him and watching cut ups of his play, I'm on board.

He was top five (all time) in rushing at USC, with less carries than just about everyone in the top 10. And USC has had some damn amazing RBs.

His story is great. And I fully expect him to play here like he still has plenty to prove; just like he has since high school. Like @ravishingone said, he's the most explosive RB we've had since Cadillac's rookie year, and the fastest guy we've had back there since Dunn.

Koetter's gonna make him split reps early because he needs work in pass pro. But I'm positive he will become a legit three down back.

He has potential to develop into a 3 down back. I’ve seen him whiff in pass blocking and have seen him block the right guy. He’s still got room to grow as back I mean Jones just turned 21. I’m looking forward to teams finally respecting our toss and outside runs. Howard will be sealing the edge while Jones is hitting the corner for an easy 4-5 yards will be a thing of beaut. And with his running style he does not take big hits. Reminds me of Shady McCoy.

Archived