2.27 (59) Washington Redskins select Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

Woz

Anyone else think it was our dear ol Redskins front office that started the rumors? At first I thought they weren’t capable of pulling something like this off but now a little “I wouldn’t put it past them” is starting to kick in

9 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Anyone else think it was our dear ol Redskins front office that started the rumors? At first I thought they weren’t capable of pulling something like this off but now a little “I wouldn’t put it past them” is starting to kick in

As much as I could see Bruce drooling at the idea of doing this I think every team in the league knows you don’t trust Bruce. So if they did it would have had to come from somewhere somewhat credible to catch firelike it did

17 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Eh ... then why were the Eagles so slow to dispel the rumor? Why help a divisional rival get a talent they wanted cheaper than they had planned?

7 hours ago, Woz said:

Eh ... then why were the Eagles so slow to dispel the rumor? Why help a divisional rival get a talent they wanted cheaper than they had planned?

Maybe they were trying to get back up and grab Guice themselves, or didn’t care because they had their own business to deal with. Maybe it was brought to Rosemans attention and he said don’t worry Bruce will screw it up. 

"I haven't seen him without a smile on his face," Smith said. "He loves what he's doing, he loves coming to work, he loves ball, he loves being around his teammates. The kid's just happy." As for the rumors about Guice's personality or maturity — rumors which caused the LSU product to slip in the Draft — Smith had a brief take on them. "I certainly haven't seen any of that," he said. The Redskins haven't had a dominant running game since Alfred Morris led one for a few seasons in 2012 and 2013. With Guice now in town, it looks like they could reestablish one. So, it's no surprise that the new man under center is echoing what thousands of fans have been stating since the team first selected Guice.

"I'm excited to see what he can do." 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/alex-smith-rumors-about-derrius-guice-dont-make-lot-sense

27 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Gruden said Guice will help on the passing game too.

Oh, I fully expect this.

Guice can feast on accurate passes that allow windows to RAC, and Smith is happy to take the high % passes underneath. :) 

21 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Oh, I fully expect this.

Guice can feast on accurate passes that allow windows to RAC, and Smith is happy to take the high % passes underneath. :) 

Completing some underneath passes tends to bring the defense up to cover those passes which eventually opens up opportunity for deep shots too. 

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Completing some underneath passes tends to bring the defense up to cover those passes which eventually opens up opportunity for deep shots too. 

Yep.  Tom Brady has made a career out of doing this. 

Archived