Utah Jazz vs Houston Rockets Series Thread: Mitchell is Salty in Salt Lake City

Texansfan713

3 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

At least they have brought some drama by making the warriors the 2 seed. 

Another boring warriors vs Cavs season is a rating killer. 

I doubt that.

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I told y'all he wasn't gonna make a big defensive impact this series.

As great of a rim protector as he is, the DPOY shouldn't get abused like he did on switches. He's not the all-around defender that Draymond is imo.

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Damn, yall sure have low expectations for a 65 win #1 seed….. 

The warriors are one of the best 5 teams of all time. I’ll be happy with 1 or 2 wins. We’ve not been great in the playoffs, if we play the warriors like we have the wolves or jazz it will be a sweep by an average of 20 

26 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Quin Snyder is awesome. I hope he's lucky enough to coach a real contender in the future.

Woah, slow down.  We were supposed to be in rebuild mode after losing Hayward and we made it to the 2nd round.  We have two rookies playing big minutes and have a pretty young core overall.  He is a great coach and I hope he gets the pieces in place to compete for a title, but we all knew that wasnt going to happen this year.  It wont be easy to do here in Utah, but Quin was given his chance here and he needs to try to do it here before he leaves.

Was really hoping one of these series would go to a game 6 and I guess the GS game still can but I literally tuned in right after Mitchell went out and just saw CP hit every damn shot he took. Utah is a real team it now seems like a shame Hayward left but what can you do. 

16 minutes ago, daineraider said:

Woah, slow down.  We were supposed to be in rebuild mode after losing Hayward and we made it to the 2nd round.  We have two rookies playing big minutes and have a pretty young core overall.  He is a great coach and I hope he gets the pieces in place to compete for a title, but we all knew that wasnt going to happen this year.  It wont be easy to do here in Utah, but Quin was given his chance here and he needs to try to do it here before he leaves.

Which part of my post was that a response to?

40 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I doubt that.

As great of a rim protector as he is, the DPOY shouldn't get abused like he did on switches. He's not the all-around defender that Draymond is imo.

Draymond is a more impactful defender especially when he is switched on....However, he doesn't deserve DPOY this year.

Gobert or Embiid deserved it....Funny enough, both players were/have been taken advantage in this round. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Draymond is a more impactful defender especially when he is switched on....However, he doesn't deserve DPOY this year.

Gobert or Embiid deserved it....Funny enough, both players were/have been taken advantage in this round. 

Durant is a better defender than Draymond is.  And he played better defensively this regular season.

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

Durant is a better defender than Draymond is.  And he played better defensively this regular season.

He's not. Draymond is much more disciplined defensively, though I won't argue Durant is better one on one on the perimeter.

Durant was a candidate for DPOY for most of the season, but like the rest of the team he completely fell off late in the season. Gave zero f's. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's not. Draymond is much more disciplined defensively, though I won't argue Durant is better one on one on the perimeter.

Durant was a candidate for DPOY for most of the season, but like the rest of the team he completely fell off late in the season. Gave zero f's. 

I think he looks like a better defender because he doesn't usually guard the best player(s) on the other team, so gets to roam more. 

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I think he looks like a better defender because he doesn't usually guard the best player(s) on the other team, so gets to roam more. 

Draymond is just a game changer on the defensive end. His IQ is on another level and there isn't a better help side defender in the league. Draymond is also able to literally switch out on anyone, guard or big. 

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Dude, c'mon.

If his only role was to play defense he would definitely be the best defensive player in the NBA. Without question. 

He's probably the only player in the NBA that can guard Bron and Kyrie as well as he did in the Finals.

Archived