• John Dorsey for life
    • Very good first draft.
    • I hate him
    • Bring Sachi back.
    • hornbybrown could of done better
  2. 2. Draft class

• I like it
    • I don't like it
    • I like it, but we could of done better.

Just now, Don Roshi said:

Those 4-6 win teams drafted poorly. Made poor decisions with the salary cap. Had bad philosophies or no plan at all.

Correct.

Tanking was a plan and a “Moneyball” the philosophy.  I can support a man with a plan.

Sashi was great with the cap, that was his specialty in fact.

Sashi had 2 drafts, his first netted a Pro Bowler, I think his second will net multiple. Those aren’t poor decisions imo.

3 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Only thing worse than a Bengals-esque NFL purgatory is conducting a tank incorrectly.

Even when we were trying we weren’t good enough to be in purgatory, it was still hell.  We never had winning seasons or playoff appearances to balance the 5 win seasons.

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Correct.

Tanking was a plan and a “Moneyball” the philosophy.  I can support a man with a plan.

Sashi had 2 drafts, his first netted a Pro Bowler, I think his second will net multiple. Those aren’t poor decisions imo.

I think that was a bad philosophy. You can draft good players throughout the draft. You don't need to try to lose in order to have a good draft class. You just need to draft well.

I don't dislike Sashi. He'd still be here if he didn't go too far. I loved the way he went about the draft, just not anything else.

He didn't need to tank to make moneyball work.

22 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Correct.

His issue is he couldn’t evaluate pro personnel to save his life. Signed some dudes and let go of some studs. 

53 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Sashis biggest mistake was hiring hue. He can’t develop anyone. 

Which is hard to say because he was widely viewed as the best HC candidate during that hiring season. Hopefully with Zamp and Haley, Hue no longer is stuck with developing guys like a QB.  He needs to be a manager. Mange the roster and the personalities, mange the coaches, and mange the games. 

45 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

What are the 4 “pillar positions” in football?

QB

Pass rusher

CB

LT

I bet we spend a 1st rounder on a LT next year.

Hope to God we don't. I watched Trey Adams and Greg Little and they were about as bad as this years class. I honestly feel like McGlinchey would be the top LT in next years class as well. The college game is doing and exceptionally bad job at developing lineman and it is getting worse by the year. Greg Little as of now is supposedly the best for next year and he was flat out garbage when I watched him. In no way is he or Adams at Top 50 pick. I know from watching Ohio State that Isaiah Prince is terrible as well.

23 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Unless Corbett takes over. Ultimately I think Corbett takes over at C and we Draft a guy next year. Remember Wolf and highsmith were on the same front office who like tretter walk 

Also the packers were all about having good versatile linemen. Corbett can play any position on the line

21 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Hope to God we don't. I watched Trey Adams and Greg Little and they were about as bad as this years class. I honestly feel like McGlinchey would be the top LT in next years class as well. The college game is doing and exceptionally bad job at developing lineman and it is getting worse by the year. Greg Little as of now is supposedly the best for next year and he was flat out garbage when I watched him. In no way is he or Adams at Top 50 pick. I know from watching Ohio State that Isaiah Prince is terrible as well.

I believe Jonah Williams will be the best tackle in next years class. I think with a better passer at Bama next year, we will truly see his ability to pass block. He didn’t get the looks with Hurt running. Watching that title game, Georgia couldn’t get pressure on the freshman and Williams was one of the reasons why. 

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

His issue is he couldn’t evaluate pro personnel to save his life. Signed some dudes and let go of some studs. 

The guys he let go had one foot out the door when he was hired.

IIRC Benjamin didn’t even negotiate with the Browns.

Schwartz was trying to leverage us for a better deal, failed and then came back hoping for the original deal.  He’s a good player, but nothing special.  I’d have resigned him though.

Mack was over 30 and wanted 50 million.  Not sure how he fit with a long term plan.

Gip should have been resigned.  Tagged of need be.

Who else?

34 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Unless Corbett takes over. Ultimately I think Corbett takes over at C and we Draft a guy next year. Remember Wolf and highsmith were on the same front office who like tretter walk 

Wolf said yesterday he’s a LT.

The didn’t just let Tretter walk, they had Linsley who was still under contract.  Why pay Tretter?

Archived