2019 NFL Draft Discussion

Nick_gb

So we know that teams can't put a bounty on players, but what about fans?

We need to raise money to pay off Drew Brees' cleaning service to fart on his pillow cases so he gets pink-eye, or switch his shampoo with glue like Mahoney did to Mauser or maybe some icy-hot in his jock.  Just some pranks that will keep him out of the games.   

9 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

We need to raise money to pay off Drew Brees' cleaning service to fart on his pillow cases so he gets pink-eye, or switch his shampoo with glue like Mahoney did to Mauser or maybe some icy-hot in his jock.  Just some pranks that will keep him out of the games.   

Just to keep him on the sideline indefinitely. Nothing to serious. We like to have fun here. 

2 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I like the dedication but it is way too early for this thread to start. Look at this too early 2018 mock from last April. 

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/2018-nfl-mock-draft-the-way-too-early-two-round-projection-042917

Thete are udfas and late picks in round 1. I remember one of these several years ago had a qb name Javon Snead from Ole Miss as a #1 overall pick.

Lets enjoy the season 

If you actually take into account rankings this early then that sounds like a you problem lol. That's not what a draft discussion thread this early is meant for. It's for people to familiarize themselves with some of the potential names for the 2019 NFL Draft and be able to flip on a game of say Clemson this fall (If they're not a Clemson fan) or an Ole Miss game. Either way, these are CERTAINLY not meant for rankings THIS early. Don't fall for that trap. 

Also, for future reference, I think we've started this thread either the day after or even sometimes HOURS after every single draft since I've been on this board lol. If there's one this thing board is amazing for it's future prospect discussions and it makes it fun to go back and look at what people said prior to the season and see how it aligns when the draft process is in full effect. 

On 4/29/2018 at 10:59 PM, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Heard that teams used to send....uh..."personal companions" to Lawrence Taylor's hotel room the night before games, just to tire him out.

14 hours ago, jleisher said:

Packers draft two Edge Rushers in round #1 in 2019.  Book it!!!!

How far back was it we drafted a sure thing / cant miss / kiss *** OFFENSIVE WEAPON in the first round? I'm sure its probably not all that far back....but it sure seems like it. Can we PLEASE  - one day - NOT designate our #1 to a defensive need? Will that day ever come around again? Will the sun ever shine again? :)

1 hour ago, Leader said:

How far back was it we drafted a sure thing / cant miss / kiss *** OFFENSIVE WEAPON in the first round? I'm sure its probably not all that far back....but it sure seems like it. Can we PLEASE  - one day - NOT designate our #1 to a defensive need? Will that day ever come around again? Will the sun ever shine again? :)

This ties in with my earlier contention that DBs have been over-invested in, over the last five drafts. Of the ten pick in rounds 1 and 2, seven were DBs, one was DL Kenny Clark. That leaves two picks on offense. One was Davante Adams, the other Jason Spriggs. The offensive side of the ball is long overdue for a heavy (and early) investment.

For example WR and TE as the first two picks would make some sense (and yes, I would hate not getting a premium-quality pass rusher, as much as most others on this forum).

27 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

This ties in with my earlier contention that DBs have been over-invested in, over the last five drafts. Of the ten pick in rounds 1 and 2, seven were DBs, one was DL Kenny Clark. That leaves two picks on offense. One was Davante Adams, the othert Jason Spriggs. The offensive side of the ball is long overdue for a heavy (and early) investment.

For example WR and TE as the first two picks would make some sense (and yes, I would hate not getting a premium-quality pass rusher, as much as most others on this forum).

I don't see GB passing up on a first round pass rusher next draft. Imo they keep both picks and split the first between offense and defense. 2019 seems like a good year for EDGE and OL. Wouldn't mind the firsts used on those positions. Depending on how the board falls and possible trades of course etc. etc. 

3 hours ago, Leader said:

I feel like it's generally smarter to take defensive guys high, and offensive guys late since defense is where you need to win with an athletic advantage, whereas offense is where you can win with scheme.

Plus running backs aren't really worth first round picks and the first round is littered with WR busts.  I mean, as up and own as it was, the Packers got more from Randall than the Colts from Dorsett or the Ravens from Perriman (or the Bears from Kevin White.)

Archived