2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

In order of preferences who do you guys take? DT Christian Wilkins, OT Greg Little, RB Joshua Jacobs.

All EDGEs will be gone by 25 imo. Bosa to SF at 2, Allen to NYJ at 3, Montez Sweat to TB at 5, Burns to GB at 12, Ferrell to NYG at 17, and Polite to Raiders at 24.

I mean you'll get 1,000 different opinions and it depends who is there. Ferrell might slip...

For me

1) Wilkins

2) Ferrell

3) I like Cody Ford at RT if the Eagles are with moving Lane Johnson to LT long term

4) Jacobs.

Howie Roseman has literally never taken a position that is not a DL, OL or QB in round 1.....ever. As much as I might like/want Jacobs, I find it hard to believe, he'll do it

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

In order of preferences who do you guys take? DT Christian Wilkins, OT Greg Little, RB Joshua Jacobs.

All EDGEs will be gone by 25 imo. Bosa to SF at 2, Allen to NYJ at 3, Montez Sweat to TB at 5, Burns to GB at 12, Ferrell to NYG at 17, and Polite to Raiders at 24.

Personal preference?

1 Josh Jacobs

2 Trade down and take Dexter Lawrence or Jerry Tillery or Elgton Jenkins or Chris Lindstrom or N'Keal Harry

3 Wilkins

4 Little

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I mean there's like a good chance we wouldn't even seriously entertain taking a RB at 25. 

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Think they would like Wilkins the most... productive, high character guy, at a position they value. Would come in and complete the 3 man rotation we do at DT. The 4/5 year contract makes sure we have at least two DTs for a long time. One of them cheap.

need to look at Little more, not sure if they would take him. 

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Think they would like Wilkins the most... productive, high character guy, at a position they value. Would come in and complete the 3 man rotation we do at DT. The 4/5 year contract makes sure we have at least two DTs for a long time. One of them cheap.

need to look at Little more, not sure if they would take him

He looked like Greg Shi*tle in combine drills. 

22 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I mean you'll get 1,000 different opinions and it depends who is there. Ferrell might slip...

For me

1) Wilkins

2) Ferrell

3) I like Cody Ford at RT if the Eagles are with moving Lane Johnson to LT long term

4) Jacobs.

Howie Roseman has literally never taken a position that is not a DL, OL or QB in round 1.....ever. As much as I might like/want Jacobs, I find it hard to believe, he'll do it

Ferrell is as Eagles as Landon Collins signing was Redskins. If he drops they’ll perk up probably.

Just now, Kiltman said:

Yea what bit I’ve seen it’s a pass

It's Andre Dillard or bust at LT in this draft.

I like Chuma Edoga and Trey Pipkins as developmental guys, but I sure as heck wouldn't want them starting in 2019.

Other than those 3, and maybe Cajuste if he looks really agile at his pro day, the rest of these "LT's" can kick rocks.

If Lane was moving to LT then I'd like a couple more guys as potential starting RT's, but there has been no word of that, so I'm just going to assume #65 is staying at RT...forever!

29 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I like Chuma Edoga and Trey Pipkins as developmental guys, but I sure as heck wouldn't want them starting in 2019.

Other than those 3, and maybe Cajuste if he looks really agile at his pro day, the rest of these "LT's" can kick rocks.

If Lane was moving to LT then I'd like a couple more guys as potential starting RT's, but there has been no word of that, so I'm just going to assume #65 is staying at RT...forever!

Like Dillard and heard a lot of good things...gotta figure he'll go way earlier. 

Know Cajuste used to have alot more fans going into this past season

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

You're right.  Dillard is the ABSOLUTE first choice of anyone who might still be remotely available at 25.  It is not likely, though.
Wilkins will also probably be gone.

I do not believe Little and Jacobs are even options for the Eagles.
They are merely constructs of the internet, just like every CB mocked to the Eagles.

This draft revolves around DT, WR and DE.

There are five DT's worthy of the pick with barely one likely to be there.
The WR spot also features five players, three bigs and two speedsters.
There is such a priority on rushers I believe that all viable DE's will be taken.

That puts the Eagles in a spot.
Assuming DK Metcalf and AJ Brown get taken ...
Do they want a WR like Marquise Brown (maybe available - wild card), Parris Campbell, N'Keal Harry or Kelvin Harmon?
Is Dexter Lawrence their guy?  Does another DT slip?
Is Jaylon Ferguson still there?

Any one of those players could also be gone.
At 25 they are at the mercy of 24 teams.
But, some of them should be there.
It all comes down to who they rank highest.
But, I think that best represents the selection pool.

10 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

You're right.  Dillard is the ABSOLUTE first choice of anyone who might still be remotely available at 25.  It is not likely, though.
Wilkins will also probably be gone.

I do not believe Little and Jacobs are even options for the Eagles.
They are merely constructs of the internet, just like every CB mocked to the Eagles.

This draft revolves around DT, WR and DE.

There are five DT's worthy of the pick with barely one likely to be there.
The WR spot also features five players, three bigs and two speedsters.
There is such a priority on rushers I believe that all viable DE's will be taken.

That puts the Eagles in a spot.

• Assuming DK Metcalf and AJ Brown get taken ...

Do they want a WR like Marquise Brown (maybe available - wild card),

I hope not. 160 lbs is too small. Take N'keal, put him in the slot, and let him beast against slot cb's, lb's, and safeties. 

The WR I really want is McLaurin with one of our seconds. Take Amani Hooker with the other 2nd. Dillard or trade down in the 1st.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

I hope not. 160 lbs is too small. Take N'keal, put him in the slot, and let him beast against slot cb's, lb's, and safeties. 

Yeah, he's not my choice.
Somehow it posted before I finished my thought.
I've long been a proponent of Harry, despite not being a fan of first round WR's.
However, in this instance that position may offer the best player available, even if it is not Harry.

11 hours ago, Jlash said:

I think David Montgomery is a perfect fit at RB for this team. But guys like Jacobs, Harris, Snell, Henderson, Ozigbo, Singletary and Miles Sanders are all guys I'd take in a heart beat. I think there's quite a few NFL starters in this draft.

I liked what I saw from Sanders as well. He's got a pretty nice set of tools, but I'd like him to put his head down more often and run full speed into holes. 

I would prefer to target a Blount-like back which is a type of back we don't have right now. Snell, Mattison, Patrick, Ollison impress me the most in their running games for a mid-late round pick. 

Archived