2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

I dunno, I watch Sanders and no special traits really pop out on film. Vision, strength. speed, shiftiness - none of them stand out when you watch him. I still comfortably prefer Jacobs and Henderson.

I think he is really good with change of direction and in the passing game, two things that are pretty important in this scheme. I think he is my favorite back for the draft stock you could get him at. Jacobs is better but I'd rather not use a 1st on a RB if it can be helped.

Ideally the Eagles could trade back a little and grab Sanders but I'd be more than comfortable with Sanders at 57. I

like Henderson too, but I think Sanders could potentially be a lead back and more of a #1 RB eventually. Henderson I think is a really good committee back but he would need a power guy with him. Unless the Eagles find their way into a 3rd, they are kind of in no man's land with Henderson. 2nd is too early and he'll be gone before the Eagles' pick in the 4th.

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think he is really good with change of direction and in the passing game, two things that are pretty important in this scheme. I think he is my favorite back for the draft stock you could get him at. Jacobs is better but I'd rather not use a 1st on a RB if it can be helped.

Ideally the Eagles could trade back a little and grab Sanders but I'd be more than comfortable with Sanders at 57. I

like Henderson too, but I think Sanders could potentially be a lead back and more of a #1 RB eventually. Henderson I think is a really good committee back but he would need a power guy with him. Unless the Eagles find their way into a 3rd, they are kind of in no man's land with Henderson. 2nd is too early and he'll be gone before the Eagles' pick in the 4th.

I don't think he goes in the 1st anymore.

4.65ish 40 and really bad broad jump

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

The more I look into potential options at 25 the more I can us taking Dalton Risner. Just seems like he fits the mold of what we're looking for. 

I'd rather have Lindstrom or Elgton Jenkins, but Risner carries himself like a young Runyan.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-eagles-really-like-alabama-rb-josh-jacobs/

Mosher: "I've been hearing that...don't be shocked if the Eagles take a running back in the first round. They really like Josh Jacobs."

Caplan: "I talked to Greg Cosell from NFL Films. He likes (Jacobs) a lot. An offensive coordinator who I ran into at the combine said Jacobs is his top graded back in the draft. He's a three-down back.

Mosher: "I think we need to adjust our philosophy. The people that said Howie Roseman would never take a running back in the first round. Do remember, two years ago...if Christian McCaffery was there at No. 14, he would have been an Eagle."

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-eagles-really-like-alabama-rb-josh-jacobs/

Mosher: "I've been hearing that...don't be shocked if the Eagles take a running back in the first round. They really like Josh Jacobs."

Caplan: "I talked to Greg Cosell from NFL Films. He likes (Jacobs) a lot. An offensive coordinator who I ran into at the combine said Jacobs is his top graded back in the draft. He's a three-down back.

Mosher: "I think we need to adjust our philosophy. The people that said Howie Roseman would never take a running back in the first round. Do remember, two years ago...if Christian McCaffery was there at No. 14, he would have been an Eagle."

I think a lot of this was reported prior to his pro day. Had he done well or even had an average pro day I would believe this but he really hurt himself yesterday. 

8 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I was just coming in to post this

29 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I think a lot of this was reported prior to his pro day. Had he done well or even had an average pro day I would believe this but he really hurt himself yesterday. 

I don't think the Eagles' strike me as an over reaction to pro day sort of team. If they like him on film, I don't think they'd let that sway them heavily. Maybe the difference is they'd feel more confident trading back and still land him, but the lack of activity in FA for RB tells me that they are planning to take one high.

22 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I don't think the Eagles' strike me as an over reaction to pro day sort of team. If they like him on film, I don't think they'd let that sway them heavily. Maybe the difference is they'd feel more confident trading back and still land him, but the lack of activity in FA for RB tells me that they are planning to take one high.

He would've ranked towards the bottom in just about every category if he had competed at the combine, which I think is just a bit concerning when you're talking about a potential first round pick. 

I agree they're going to take someone high but I think they're going to hope Jacobs falls to them in the second, if not they're going to take Sanders, Weber or Hill (IMO). 

34 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

He would've ranked towards the bottom in just about every category if he had competed at the combine, which I think is just a bit concerning when you're talking about a potential first round pick. 

I agree they're going to take someone high but I think they're going to hope Jacobs falls to them in the second, if not they're going to take Sanders, Weber or Hill (IMO). 

To me it would make sense to gamble that he falls to the second and if not grab Sanders or at least feeling good about trading back to the early 2nd, but if they like him as much as reported then I don't think it is out of the question for them to just grab their guy.

So.....Today is a sad day for me. I realized one of my favorite (and most accurate) draft prospect websites is no longer running for prospects. Draftscout.com (commonly seen as 'The Sports Xchange).

What are some of your favorite websites that has everything in one place (Measurements, combine/proday numbers, range in the draft where they'll probably fall, positional rankings, news, etc.) as I need to find a new one for this year.

Archived