2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

Actually a little confused by the context here. Is he saying that they should be as in we have something planned, but don't know if we will make it happen...or is he saying we should be because nothing is scheduled and he's saying that we should be in on him.

Just now, Knowledge said:

Looking likely that Bosa will be a Niner

More and more talk about Murray going to Cards #1

I think it's too early for them to be showing their cards. Right now I'm treating the Murray to AZ speculation as nothing more than a media creation based on a few random quotes. I'll put more stock in it in the days leading up to the draft if it's still a thing. 

18 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Is it just me or do most QB's actually look pretty accurate this year. Normally you have a few guys that are all over the place but this group is mostly later round guys and actually are pretty accurate.

I felt the first group was filled with terrible footwork. I didn't watch much of the second group. No QB has really impressed me. If these guys have terrible footwork now, how bad will it be when under pressure... but this is football these days... you can't expect the college game to deliver you prospects with good feet and high accuracy. But I'm good with that. We have our QBs. 

5 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I felt the first group was filled with terrible footwork. I didn't watch much of the second group. No QB has really impressed me. If these guys have terrible footwork now, how bad will it be when under pressure... but this is football these days... you can't expect the college game to deliver you prospects with good feet and high accuracy. But I'm good with that. We have our QBs. 

Yeah didn't watch the first group much but this group looked pretty decent to me. Nobody i would say is a true franchise changer but some nice late round back-up type of guys. Still game situation is so different so not putting any stock in it since i haven't watched much of any of the QB's because we are pretty set.

Also its more in a comparison to the last few years where you had a lot of guys that where missing guys on the short stuff which just shouldn't happen.

Just now, Justone2 said:

Yeah didn't watch the first group much but this group looked pretty decent to me. Nobody i would say is a true franchise changer but some nice late round back-up type of guys. Still game situation is so different so not putting any stock in it since i haven't watched much of any of the QB's because we are pretty set.

I was trying to watch the receivers, but NFL network focuses those drills on the QBs. It's understandable, but I'd like to know who's running the route. It wouldn't be too hard just to have an overlay saying who the receiver is. They didn't make the numbers on the shirts really easy to read. And I didn't feel like keeping a list of the players on the side anyway. Once in a while they would mention the receiver, but not often enough to keep track.

8 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Oh and my love for Samuel has only grown today really would love him in the second to play opposite Pettis for the coming years.

This is how I feel about Campbell. Urban Meyer's offense makes it hard to truly judge his WRs but I always liked him as slot guy in Shanny's scheme, to pair with a guy like Pettis on the outside. I knew he would test well but I wasn't thinking he would put up these kind of metrics. He's very raw and his route-running needs a ton of work but he would just fit in so seamlessly in this offense on the inside, it just makes too much sense.

1 minute ago, rudyZ said:

I was trying to watch the receivers, but NFL network focuses those drills on the QBs. It's understandable, but I'd like to know who's running the route. It wouldn't be too hard just to have an overlay saying who the receiver is. They didn't make the numbers on the shirts really easy to read. And I didn't feel like keeping a list of the players on the side anyway. Once in a while they would mention the receiver, but not often enough to keep track.

Yeah just put two boxes down there and have both guys listed.

12 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Oh and my love for Samuel has only grown today really would love him in the second to play opposite Pettis for the coming years.

Yep great time and look good during drills. 

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

This is how I feel about Campbell. Urban Meyer's offense makes it hard to truly judge his WRs but I always liked him as slot guy in Shanny's scheme, to pair with a guy like Pettis on the outside. I knew he would test well but I wasn't thinking he would put up these kind of metrics. He's very raw and his route-running needs a ton of work but he would just fit in so seamlessly in this offense on the inside, it just makes too much sense.

Not really wanting another slot guy to be honest. Taylor seems like he finely got back to 100% at the end of the year and James looks promising. We need a replacement for Garcon at the outside spot opposite Pettis/Goodwin and to compete with Bourne which is the position is see Samuel playing.

So Andy Isabella actually had the fastest 40 time?! Because I remember looking at his time and thinking "he looked faster than that". 4.27!!!!!!! Nice. Glad to hear so many good WR prospects have been interviewed by our 9ers: Isabella, Samuels, Brown...nuts, I know there were at least 2 more.

Archived