2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

41 minutes ago, Forge said:

No way that Bosa isn't the top rated player on our board if power is taking priority for Lynch. 

Makes a ton of sense that he went straight for the word "power" after watching last year's edge guys fail to do more than stunt or run circles wide of the QB. Bosa has to be #1, and I still have to wonder if Ferrell is in play as plan B if Bosa and a worthy trade are not available. 

( I know.. I know.. you see Ferrell as another Soloman-ish fail  :P  )

The rumors about how Murray interviewed do not surprise me. I have felt all along the guy should stick to baseball. Simpler game from a player's perspective. I could be wrong, he may be very successful as an NFL QB, but I think it is a steep climb and Kingsbury might be his best bet.

12 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Makes a ton of sense that he went straight for the word "power" after watching last year's edge guys fail to do more than stunt or run circles wide of the QB. Bosa has to be #1, and I still have to wonder if Ferrell is in play as plan B if Bosa and a worthy trade are not available. 

( I know.. I know.. you see Ferrell as another Soloman-ish fail  :P  )

I don't hate Ferrell as a player. I just think that his upside is "solid". I don't think he's a 12 sack monster at the next level or anything. Honestly wouldn't surprise me if he's Trey Flowers or something similar to that at his top upside. 

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't hate Ferrell as a player. I just think that his upside is "solid". I don't think he's a 12 sack monster at the next level or anything. Honestly wouldn't surprise me if he's Trey Flowers or something similar to that at his top upside. 

Yeah, Farrell's an interesting one. And the Trey Flowers comparison is a worthy one for his upside. The problem with that for us is - we don't necessarily need skillful versatile rushers that we can toggle inside and out and maximize their value that way. We need a guy to play outside full time. And while Farrell is adequate outside (if not very bendy), you may be reducing his value if you can't regularly use him in multiple spots. Maybe not. But I expect so. I prefer Brian Burns as the fallback guy for us if we trade down for this reason. His best value if he pans out is as a pure edge pass rusher. 

If we were able to trade down from 2 and pick up an extra 2 or, in the case with trading with Raiders, pick up an extra 1. What do you guys think about drafting Devin Bush? He seems to fit the mold of the pass covering athletic LB and would pair nicely with Warner. I would only consider Bush if we had an extra high pick to use on him because I think a WR at the top of round 2 is most important for the Niners if they only have one pick there.

10 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

If we were able to trade down from 2 and pick up an extra 2 or, in the case with trading with Raiders, pick up an extra 1. What do you guys think about drafting Devin Bush? He seems to fit the mold of the pass covering athletic LB and would pair nicely with Warner. I would only consider Bush if we had an extra high pick to use on him because I think a WR at the top of round 2 is most important for the Niners if they only have one pick there.

Drafting Bush with a top 5 pick? Or select Bush with the extra pick we acquire? 

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

Sorry, wasn't specific. Drafting Bush at the back end of round 1 or at the top of round 2 with an extra pick we got from a trade down.

I'm open to drafting Bush. His tape is good, testing was great (better than I think most expected). However I am not trading down just to acquire a pick to select Bush, if you know what I mean. 

6 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I wonder how Kentavius Street is doing on his rehab? Did anyone see him as a potential DE or (even better) LEO pre-injury?

No. He's not at all a LEO. I think most people seem his as a 5 tech and 3 tech (in rotation). Some pundits really loved his physical upside, but most people though we took him way too early. 

The thing is, I sort of understood grabbing him and Taylor because come next off-season, Blair, Day and Armstead could all be gone. Those two other guys *should* be able to step in as  good rotational players by that point. 

12 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I wonder how Kentavius Street is doing on his rehab? Did anyone see him as a potential DE or (even better) LEO pre-injury?

He's a 5 tech / 3 tech. His comp from Lance Zuerlein last year was Ronald Blair lol. 

Archived