2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

7 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Jerry Rice had a ego it wasn't TO ego but he had a ego. And ugh Steve Smith had a huge freaking ego. Now yes not every wide receiver has a ego but most do. I don't find it a bad thing unless they go crazy like AB or they think there bigger then any organization like TO.

These are professional athletes. Literally every single one of them have egos. 

Having an ego =/= being a diva.

All of the guys I mentioned were team first guys. You never saw Steve Smith complain about targets or throw a hissy fit when he didn't get the ball. The dude took pride in his run blocking and his ability to break tackles. That's playing with a chip on your shoulder. Big big big difference imo 

Again, not saying 'hollywood' is a diva, just that the nickname makes me ask the question. @Chrissooner49er how was he viewed in that locker room? Would you trade into the first again to draft him if you were Lynch? 

3 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Jerry Rice had a ego it wasn't TO ego but he had a ego. And ugh Steve Smith had a huge freaking ego. Now yes not every wide receiver has a ego but most do. I don't find it a bad thing unless they go crazy like AB or they think there bigger then any organization like TO.

I think having an ego and being a diva are two different things. Having an ego is being cocky, it's having confidence and wanting the ball because you think (know) you can get it done. You think you're the best. Being a diva is feeling entitled and dissing people around you because you feel you're not getting what you deserve. You can't be a diva without having a huge ego, but you can have an ego without being a diva.

7 hours ago, N4L said:

If we really don't want 'divas' on our team, does it make sense to draft a guy whose nickname is 'hollywood'? I mean, think about it. 

That nickname has such a negative connotation for me.

I don't know anything about the guy and I haven't even really seen more than a highlight tape (didn't catch much of OU this year) but we have been known to not have certain guys on our draft board. 

Then you add in the fact he is Antonio browns cousin... Idk man. Has there been an whispers of anything negative about the guy? 

I know @J-ALL-DAY is ALL-IN

Let me explain the nickname for you: They call him 'Hollywood' because he is from Hollywood, Florida. It's as simple as that. 

No, he is not an issue in the locker room. In fact, I never heard of any strife or bickering on the Offense. It was the D that was always the issue...hopefully Alex Grinch helps with that.

I was listening to Matt Miller's Stick to Football podcast this morning, and it was mentioned on there that they're hearing from teams that Hollywood Brown's medical review came back very positive and his stock is soaring. They said some teams are looking at him as the #1 WR on their board and the Raiders LOVE him and want him in the first. They also heard that the Titans and Colts have been checking in on him as well. 

So, this changes my perspective a little on Brown. I know, just as recently as yesterday, that I was down on him because of the injury. But, if the medical reports are coming back very positive, then that certainly changes my view on him. I'm still not a fan of little WR's being taken in the first round as there isn't a great track record with that recently, but I like the #1 WR talk because it pushes Brown and maybe even Harry down the board a little more. 

7 hours ago, N4L said:

If we really don't want 'divas' on our team, does it make sense to draft a guy whose nickname is 'hollywood'? I mean, think about it. 

That nickname has such a negative connotation for me.

I don't know anything about the guy and I haven't even really seen more than a highlight tape (didn't catch much of OU this year) but we have been known to not have certain guys on our draft board. 

Then you add in the fact he is Antonio browns cousin... Idk man. Has there been an whispers of anything negative about the guy? 

I know @J-ALL-DAY is ALL-IN

So because he is Antonio's cousin you don't want him? The same Antonio who will go down as one of the absolute 5-7 best WRs of all time? The same Antonio who is widely recognized as one of THE hardest workers in the game? The same Antonio that you heard damn near nothing from until this year? I mean if he is similar to his cousin, I will take him at #2!!!!!

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

I was listening to Matt Miller's Stick to Football podcast this morning, and it was mentioned on there that they're hearing from teams that Hollywood Brown's medical review came back very positive and his stock is soaring. They said some teams are looking at him as the #1 WR on their board and the Raiders LOVE him and want him in the first. They also heard that the Titans and Colts have been checking in on him as well. 

So, this changes my perspective a little on Brown. I know, just as recently as yesterday, that I was down on him because of the injury. But, if the medical reports are coming back very positive, then that certainly changes my view on him. I'm still not a fan of little WR's being taken in the first round as there isn't a great track record with that recently, but I like the #1 WR talk because it pushes Brown and maybe even Harry down the board a little more. 

Makes me feel a lot better putting Brown in the first round. I have him going to Baltimore. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So because he is Antonio's cousin you don't want him? The same Antonio who will go down as one of the absolute 5-7 best WRs of all time? The same Antonio who is widely recognized as one of THE hardest workers in the game? The same Antonio that you heard damn near nothing from until this year? I mean if he is similar to his cousin, I will take him at #2!!!!!

It had nothing to do with my own opinion and was pure speculation on my part about how the team might view him. 

I was trying to connect some non-existent dots. 

If it was up to me Antonio brown would be on our team, but it's not up to me, and we we clearly weren't interested in him, so I was trying to make the leap to 'we might not be interested in his cousin if they have similar personality traits' which is obviously too big of a leap to make 

12 minutes ago, N4L said:

It had nothing to do with my own opinion and was pure speculation on my part about how the team might view him. 

I was trying to connect some non-existent dots. 

If it was up to me Antonio brown would be on our team, but it's not up to me, and we we clearly weren't interested in him, so I was trying to make the leap to 'we might not be interested in his cousin if they have similar personality traits' which is obviously too big of a leap to make 

You just tried to judge a man's character because he is called "Hollywood" and is the cousin of Antonio Brown FFS lol. 

10 minutes ago, John232 said:

Sterling Shepard was better anyways. 

I respect the hill you are trying to die on...But make no mistake, you will DIE on the hill of thinking these inferior WRs to Hollywood Brown were or are better than him. 

32 minutes ago, John232 said:

Makes me feel a lot better putting Brown in the first round. I have him going to Baltimore. 

I now have D.K. going to Baltimore and M.Brown going to the Raiders. I go back and forth with the Chargers and Patriots taking receivers in round 1. 

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I respect the hill you are trying to die on...But make no mistake, you will DIE on the hill of thinking these inferior WRs to Hollywood Brown were or are better than him. 

I don't know if I'm just really pumped for Game of Thrones to start up this weekend or what, but when reading this comment, I read it in Cercei Lannister's voice in my head and it made the comment even better.

Archived