Early 2019 NFL Mock Draft

Shylo3716

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Maybe it is an injury issue and not being out there for Herbert but the kid is not this amazing passer over a long period of time and has yet to show that.  He has these great games then others where it is like what the hell is that?  Sure this past year Josh Allen did not play well granted, but as a sophomore he had 3200+ passing and 28 TDs and what he showed that year got him drafted so high.   Herbert has never accomplished that yet, maybe will this year, but again is surrounded by much more talent on Oregon.  Will see if he can do it this year, Josh Allen made some impressive throws on the move over his career, Herbert can do that but not quite as well.  Still is the big tall athletic QB with a strong arm though that people love, but honestly I do not think his arm is as strong as Allen's arm.  

I have never been wildly impressed with Beau Benzschawel, sure people can say they have multiple college All Americans on that OL and yes they are easily the best OL and most talented group in the nation coming into next season.  But I have been more impressed with some other guys on that line, Dietzen I like his power that he shows and has a nice nasty side to him.  Dieter I am not a big fan of his and he was 1st team All Big Ten this past year like Benzschawel, so what got to put someone there.  Jamarco Jones was 1st team All Big Ten as well, does not mean he is a 1st round NFL talent this past year.  

Edwards has more upside then Dieter I feel but will see how they all play this next year, and honestly they could all be a little overrated because of how Taylor might make them look better than they actually are.  Will see how they do with these super high expectations this next year as a team when the past two seasons, especially two years ago they were not expected to do a lot and wildly exceeded expectations.  

Does benefit Benzschawel if he does have a good year the fact that this OG group is not super strong in 2019 Draft but will see, and has good length which helps.  Martez Ivey has been playing OT but as a OG two years ago kid was very impressive I thought, not as much when moved to tackle.  Nate Herbig is a big strong kid who I like a lot as well, Michael Jordan I would take over Benzschawel as a prospect but Jordan is not a 1st round prospect either.  Chris Brown has some ability at OG, nice quickness and is nasty but needs to get a little stronger and does not have the best build.  Ross Pierschbacher is a solid OG and should have a great season, nice 2nd or 3rd rounder maybe, will see if Jonathan Alvarez can get back to form, really liked him two years ago and Marcus Keyes has some athletic potential and will see how he does.  Patrick Vahe I liked a lot before last season but kind of came back down to earth, has good athletic ability though, Lukayus McNeil has great length as well but needs to show some more. But yeah not a great group of OG to his benefit possibly.  

All you did was make arguments with nothing to back them up and make claims to fit your narrative.  This is why I made the comments I did, but you're entitled to you opinion.  Oh and Dieter will move back to OG in the NFL, which is his natural position, he moved to OT last year out of necessity and did a pretty damn good job.

6 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

Did you really just say you think Dietzen is better than Benzschawel?  Is that a joke?  I'm not familiar with those other players but Benz is a consensus all-american and will most likely be one of the top 3 OG in the draft as things sit now.

Dietzen's better than Beau if he could stay healthy. Visit the Badgers thread to see how we feel about Beau lol. He's an average player IMO and has no business being a day 1 or even day 2 pick.

9 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Dietzen's better than Beau if he could stay healthy. Visit the Badgers thread to see how we feel about Beau lol. He's an average player IMO and has no business being a day 1 or even day 2 pick.

Beau is much more athletic, which is what the NFL covets.  And who is we?  a bunch of arm chair coaches and talent analysts? "lol"

2 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

Beau is much more athletic, which is what the NFL covets.  And who is we?  a bunch of arm chair coaches and talent analysts? "lol"

You lol at us but you think Beau is an nfl caliber lineman. "lol"

If you're going to be a complete ****, you might as well stick to NFL Gen tho. 

4 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

You lol at us but you think Beau is an nfl caliber lineman. "lol"

If you're going to be a complete ****, you might as well stick to NFL Gen tho. 

That sarcasm went way over your head.  We will wait and see how it all plays out, still got a long way to go.  

But out of curiosity, if you think Beau is so bad why has been an all-american and a consensus 1st/2nd round pick?  Do you know something everyone else doesn't?

Also, I visited the Badgers thread and it appears to be just you and one other guy playing grab ***.  Sounds legit.  

If you provide some concrete examples and information other than "it's my opinion and everyone else is wrong" I'll hear you out but as it stands I haven't seen anything in the past 3 years of watching badger games that would led me to believe Dietzen is better or that Beau isn't a potential 1st round pick.  He is one of the more athletic OG in college.  Dietzen lost his job last year to Erdmann when he wasn't even hurt.  

And to the OP, I apologize for hijacking your thread.  I'm done.

On 4/30/2018 at 4:16 AM, Louis Friend said:

Hate drafting that low for the Lions but absolutely love the pick. 

Considering the pick and Lock going a pick later. How much longer do you give Stafford before he calls it quits? 5 to 7?

17 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Considering the pick and Lock going a pick later. How much longer do you give Stafford before he calls it quits? 5 to 7?

Depends on health. He hasnt missed a game in 6 seasons and just turned 30. With QBs playing to near 40 now, i think 7-8 years is reasonable.

On 4/30/2018 at 3:19 AM, Shylo3716 said:

1. Arizona Cardinals - Ed Oliver, DT, Houston

2. Indianapolis Colts - Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon

3. Buffalo Bills - A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss

4. Kansas City Chiefs - Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State 

5. New York Jets - Trey Adams, OT, Washington

6. Cincinnati Bengals - Jarrett Stidham, QB, Auburn 

7. Tennessee Titans - Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson 

8. Seattle Seahawks - Andraez Williams, CB, LSU

9. Washington Redskins - Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama

10. Detroit Lions - Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson

11. New York Giants - Drew Lock, QB, Missouri 

12. Baltimore Ravens - Josh Allen, LB, Kentucky

13. Miami Dolphins - Christian Wilkins, DE, Clemson 

14. Chicago Bears - David Edward, OT, Wisconsin 

15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia 

16. Cleveland Browns - Rashan Gary, DE/DT, Michigan 

17. Atlanta Falcons - Beau Benzschawel, OG, Wisconsin

18. Dallas Cowboys - N’Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State

19. Carolina Panthers - Anfernee Jennings, LB, Alabama 

20. Los Angeles Chargers - Clayton Thorson, QB, Northwestern 

21. Denver Broncos - Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss

22. San Francisco 49ers - Collin Johnson, WR, Texas 

23. Houston Texans - Raekwon Davis, DE/DT, Alabama 

24. Green Bay Packers (via New Orleans Saints) - Dre’Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State

25. Minnesota Vikings - Austin Bryant, DE, Clemson 

26. Oakland Raiders - Bryce Love, RB, Stanford 

27. Philadelphia Eagles - Rodney Anderson, RB, Oklahoma 

28. New England Patriots - Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State

29. Los Angeles Rams - Joe Jackson, DE, Miami (FL)

30. Pittsburgh Steelers - Shaquille Quarterman, LB, Miami (FL) 

31. Jacksonville Jaguars - Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame

32. Green Bay Packers - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida

Where are Devin White and Ahmmon Richards? Both 1st round talents. 

30 minutes ago, Elusive_Tiger said:

Where are Devin White and Ahmmon Richards? Both 1st round talents. 

I am aware that they are first-round talents, but I’ve also decided to step outside of the box.

On 5/1/2018 at 6:03 PM, Ozzy said:

2. Indianapolis Colts - Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon - Sure with how Josh Allen rose up but if people thought Allen had a bad year last season, Herbert has played like that his entire career.  Still super long ways to go and is surrounded with a lot more talent than Allen ever had, will see how he does without the run game helping him.

4. Kansas City Chiefs - Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State - Way to low for him, he is no doubt top 2 in my book, could maybe go #1 with a great year will see.  

5. New York Jets - Trey Adams, OT, Washington - I like him, had him projected high before but was not impressed with him early last year and now with the injury, long shot he can get back to form, much less be the best OT out there, will see.  

8. Seattle Seahawks - Andraez Williams, CB, LSU - Is the obvious pick for any as the top corner because really is no one else out there at the moment, going to have tons of high expectations though coming into this season similar to McFadden this past year.  

12. Baltimore Ravens - Josh Allen, LB, Kentucky - Is a fine player, best OLB potentially in the draft but still has to take it to the next level this season, at times plays great but has to be far more consistent game in and game out.

14. Chicago Bears - David Edward, OT, Wisconsin - Projection maybe, but still has a long ways to go to become this good of a player.  But that OL on Wisconsin is easily the most talented out there no question.

15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia - Good player but not sure I am ready to call him that good just yet, nice in coverage but has to show more as a tackler I think.

16. Cleveland Browns - Rashan Gary, DE/DT, Michigan - Really doubt he falls this far, kid is going to have a great season I think and be a top 10 if not top 5 guy.  

17. Atlanta Falcons - Beau Benzschawel, OG, Wisconsin - Connor McGovern is way better than him at OG, he still has a lot of work to do and could argue Dietzen his teammate his better at OG, and in no way is he better than Martez Ivey.  

19. Carolina Panthers - Anfernee Jennings, LB, Alabama - Could become an elite talent, but will see if he can put an entire year together and stay healthy for that entire year.

22. San Francisco 49ers - Collin Johnson, WR, Texas - Would have to take huge steps to be picked in the 1st round, honestly not many WRs are worth a 1st round pick based on what they did last season, many will have to greatly improve their games.  Brown and Samuel if he comes back the same off injury are solid potential 1st round guys, the rest still a long ways away.

28. New England Patriots - Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State - Not sold on him at all yet, Victor, Dixon, Hill, McLaurin all are arguably just as good as Campbell is, could see Victor out perform Campbell and arguably has more potential but will see how the season goes.   

29. Los Angeles Rams - Joe Jackson, DE, Miami (FL) - To me there are many DEs better than him out there, he could be picked this high but has to get stronger at the point of attack and be more dominating.  Will be hard this year with Three starters now gone off that roster, really will show just how good Jackson actually is.  

30. Pittsburgh Steelers - Shaquille Quarterman, LB, Miami (FL) - Devin Bush is way better than him I feel, and so are a few other ILBs.  

31. Jacksonville Jaguars - Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame - Not sure I am ready to call him a 1st rounder just yet, still has a long ways to go.

32. Green Bay Packers - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida - In no way is he better than Jaquan Johnson, no way.  Decent player but not sure he is 1st round material.  

This list is lacking all of these guys I think, most have proven a lot more than some of the prospects you listed.   To me guys like Allen, Burns, Bush and potentially McGovern and Beckner are clear 1st round potential talents who have proven with their play for the past few seasons.  Zach Allen is a monster and I would be very surprised to not see him as a 1st round pick.  

Brian Burns Florida State OLB JR

Zach Allen Boston College DE SR

Devin Bush Michigan ILB JR

Caleb Wilson UCLA TE JR

Chase Hansen Utah S RS SR

Connor McGovern Penn State OG JR

Terry Beckner Jr Missouri DT SR

Taylor Rapp Washington S JR

Benny Snell Jr Kentucky RB JR

Martez Ivey Florida OG SR   

Jaylon Ferguson La Tech DE SR

Paddy Fisher Northwestern ILB RS SOPH 

JJ Arcega-Whiteside Stanford WR RS JR

AJ Green Ok State CB JR 

I greatly appreciate your feedback along with breaking down what you see.

Too early to be talking about "too low/high" when the season hasn't even started yet.

At this time last year, I'm sure very few people would've believed:

- Rosen would fall to #10 with THREE QB's being drafted ahead of him

- Mayfield #1

- At least TEN of these 1st rounders being 1st rounders.

1 hour ago, freak_of_nature said:

Too early to be talking about "too low/high" when the season hasn't even started yet.

At this time last year, I'm sure very few people would've believed:

- Rosen would fall to #10 with THREE QB's being drafted ahead of him

- Mayfield #1

- At least TEN these 1st rounders being 1st rounders.

There’s nothing like trumping the naysayers with facts. I appreciate that response.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived