BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

For the new guys 

BDL Playoffs
- 8-team playoff - 4 Division winners + 4 other best records in League. Seeded by best record.
- Tie-breaking rules (two or three teams) for playoffs:
1. Head-to-Head record
2. Best W-L record in divisional games
3. Best Net Points
4. Coin toss
- Home Field Advantage in Playoffs:
Teams who win their respective division will receive home field advantage in the Opening round of the playoffs. This gives them the advantage that if the score is tied at Tuesday midnight ET that they advance. However, from the Divisional round forward there is no home field advantage. In this case, if teams tied after the allotted time the thread will be extended for another day to allow more votes to decide. After that it is on an hour by basis as sudden death.

• Like 1

So after a check, Charleston and Berlin are already out of the PO. Gotham has the htoh vs Berlin and a better div record than Charleston. 

With a loss incoming for Gotham, LB would get the 8th seed with a win thanks to a 4-2 divisional record

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

So after a check, Charleston and Berlin are already out of the PO. Gotham has the htoh vs Berlin and a better div record than Charleston. 

With a loss incoming for Gotham, LB would get the 8th seed with a win thanks to a 4-2 divisional record

Well that's mildly disappointing not that I would've done much in the playoffs with a skeleton crew group of edge rushers, Guess I have to throw myself into the Dingo Pitt to appease the fanbase.

Ragnarok I'm assuming will continue his yearly drinking ritual of not making the playoffs and crying himself to sleep on whatever body pillow he owns.

Gotham....Oh boy that's gotta sting. 

Counselor is gonna get bounced out real quick unless Rodgers plays next week but yay for Counselor, he deserved it the most out of the four of us. 

Thank all of you for a wonderfully entertaining season and I hope we have a few more to come. 

Seedings:

- It's pretty unlikely any of these will change and it's safe to say they're locked in. 

1. Louisiana - Clinch 1st seed with win or Seoul & Orlando fail to win (Point differential over Orlando, Head to head over Seoul).
2. Seoul - Clinch 2nd seed with win, 1st with win & Louisiana loss, 3rd if Orlando has a superior result this week.
3. Orlando - Clinched 3rd seed (see above for other outcomes).

4. Cuba - Clinched 4th seed - Atlantic division winners - Seeding cannot change. 
5. Singapore (assuming win over Compton) - (Clinched over Rome by way of superior point differential as divisional W-L are equal).

6a. Rome with a win or Portland loss/tie. 
6b. Portland with a win and Rome loss. 

7a. Rome with loss and Portland win. 
7b. Portland with Rome win or Portland loss/tie. 

8a. Gotham with Long Beach loss or tie. 
8b. Long beach with win @Wichita. 

Summary:

If we assume Louisiana, Seoul and Singapore all win very favourable match-ups, the top 7 seeds are set. Essentially comes down to Long Beach @ Wichita to decide the 8 seed.

So we're looking at week 1 playoff matches of:

Singapore @ Cuba
Long Beach/Gotham @ Louisiana
Portland @ Seoul 
Rome @ Orlando

• Like 1

Nah.

Cuba & Rome in the division:

Cuba:

W @ London
W v London
W @ Berlin
W v Berlin
W v Rome
? @ Rome

Rome:
L v Berlin
L @ Cuba

So with Cuba having a minimum of 5 divisional wins, and Rome a maximum of 4, even if the h2h is split for the season, Cuba will win on the basis of a stronger divisional record. Therefore regardless of this result, Cuba has clinched the 4th seed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pheltzbahr said:

Sorry guys, had some unexpected things come up on Friday.  I know its late, but considering the importance of my game, I can find some time to submit a writeup tonight at some point.

Fine with me. I don't think people were going to vote me to beat the peckers anyways

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Well that's mildly disappointing not that I would've done much in the playoffs with a skeleton crew group of edge rushers, Guess I have to throw myself into the Dingo Pitt to appease the fanbase.

Ragnarok I'm assuming will continue his yearly drinking ritual of not making the playoffs and crying himself to sleep on whatever body pillow he owns.

Gotham....Oh boy that's gotta sting. 

Counselor is gonna get bounced out real quick unless Rodgers plays next week but yay for Counselor, he deserved it the most out of the four of us. 

Thank all of you for a wonderfully entertaining season and I hope we have a few more to come. 

Whoa whoa whoa...I do not own a body pillow.

• Like 2