BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

20 hours ago, Whicker said:

It looks like my team will miss the playoffs for the first time in its history. This is an unfortunate time for us and our fans, and we have no choice but to clean house and make some changes, starting at the very top. This team was a perennial contender before the new ownership group got its noob hands on it, and we expect a new direction to give us an immediate turnaround next season.

I hope you're messing around

So something I think we should potentially discuss in the winter meetings are first round byes and/or home field advantage for more than just one week. I'm tempted to "rest my starters" this week since it essentially doesn't mean too much for me to win or lose.

41 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

So something I think we should potentially discuss in the winter meetings are first round byes and/or home field advantage for more than just one week. I'm tempted to "rest my starters" this week since it essentially doesn't mean too much for me to win or lose.

honestly, i don't think anyone would put any value into whether you rest your starters or not

43 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I rested my starters during Robert Griffin III rookie year only for him to suffer a concussion and miss the actual BDL playoff game. Now say one of your top notch stud gets injured his "bye" week becomes his final game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

honestly, i don't think anyone would put any value into whether you rest your starters or not

"Rest my starters" is a nice way of saying I don't feel like spending more than 5 mins on my write-up, its not like I'm actually resting a physical human.

• Like 1