BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

Sorry if that was worded wrong. The RFA rule is there, the guess work comes in when someone is on your roster and you have no idea how he got there (note: this would only really happen with new guys). 

Note: I'm also making the assumption that RFA and ERFA status only applies to draft picks, not FAs. If that's not the case then I just made a bad assumption.

It doesn't matter how they got on your roster. 

If you had picked up Golden off waivers this year, he'd still be eligible to be an RFA because he's been in the league 3 years.

The number of years in the league matter, not how they got on your team.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Ah....that simplifies it a little bit then. I'll get the hang of this league eventually. Growing pains and such.

It takes time, an d none of this is perfect obviously.

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

Since I've locked up the East division....How do playoffs work? (Who makes it? are there byes? seeding? etc.)

These may be outdated a bit but I don't remember any changes we made during the off-season to the playoffs. 

BDL Playoffs
- 8-team playoff - 4 Division winners + 4 other best records in League. Seeded by best record.
- Tie-breaking rules (two or three teams) for playoffs:
1. Head-to-Head record
2. Best W-L record in divisional games
3. Best Net Points
4. Coin toss
- Home Field Advantage in Playoffs:
Teams who win their respective division will receive home field advantage in the Opening round of the playoffs. This gives them the advantage that if the score is tied at Tuesday midnight ET that they advance. However, from the Divisional round forward there is no home field advantage. In this case, if teams tied after the allotted time the thread will be extended for another day to allow more votes to decide. After that it is on an hour by basis as sudden death.

http://forum.walterfootball.com/forum/walterfootball-com-forums/forum-mock-draft-forum/32909-bdl-discussion-thread-2016 Source.

Edit: we should probably back up some of the webpages, I'll do that on a later date when I have an hour or two.

Edited by DingoLadd
  • Like 1