BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

We obviously don't have an issue with most teams hitting the old Roster limit with several of the owners that horded players leaving in the last year.

Long Beach is so close because of over signing guys in FA which should be corrected this year. Portland the same. 

So going from 70 to 65 will increase the FA/Waiver pool with better prospects and shouldn't impact the majority of the league.

Cap Space Remaining Roster spots left
Berlin Blitzkrieg $960 20
Camden Hood Rats $921 7
Charleston Dingos $877 14
Compton Black Panthers $430 22
Cuba Smugglers $35 11
Gotham Gashslayers $211 24
London Monarchs $3,947 9
Long Beach Leprechauns $295 4
Louisiana Jazz $713 22
OKC Rogues $198 12
Orlando Ospreys $85 15
Portland Horned Owls $59 3
Rome Eternals $627 7
Seoul Dragons $369 11
Singapore Sentinels $630 4
Wichita Woodpeckers $226 14

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

So for the Owners Meeting I've got the following topics so far.

1. Officially change the end of voting to Noon EST on Wed.

2. Extend Waivers into the playoffs.

3. Revisit Week 17 inactives/sitting players

4. Reduce Active Roster size from 70 to 65. (more on this in the next post)

First thing we need to do is find either a 16th owner or see if anyone wants to step down/become a co-owner and go to 14 (lots of benefits to this)

I would actually push for games ending Wednesday nights and waivers happening at noon on Thursdays tbh

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

We obviously don't have an issue with most teams hitting the old Roster limit with several of the owners that horded players leaving in the last year.

Long Beach is so close because of over signing guys in FA which should be corrected this year. Portland the same. 

So going from 70 to 65 will increase the FA/Waiver pool with better prospects and shouldn't impact the majority of the league.

Cap Space Remaining Roster spots left
Berlin Blitzkrieg $960 20
Camden Hood Rats $921 7
Charleston Dingos $877 14
Compton Black Panthers $430 22
Cuba Smugglers $35 11
Gotham Gashslayers $211 24
London Monarchs $3,947 9
Long Beach Leprechauns $295 4
Louisiana Jazz $713 22
OKC Rogues $198 12
Orlando Ospreys $85 15
Portland Horned Owls $59 3
Rome Eternals $627 7
Seoul Dragons $369 11
Singapore Sentinels $630 4
Wichita Woodpeckers $226 14

EoY means lots of IR and less waiver claims. Some teams flirted with the limit mid season tbh

33 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I would actually push for games ending Wednesday nights and waivers happening at noon on Thursdays tbh

I think it's already long at 1.5 days after mnf ends and people still forget. ymmv.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

Excited for this title match up. Brees gets to go against Seoul for the 2nd straight year, this time with a functional offensive line to help him.

I'm intrigued to see if you actually take the time to vote in a post season game this year.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jlash said:

Excited for this title match up. Brees gets to go against Seoul for the 2nd straight year, this time with a functional offensive line to help him.

I won't have my 7th CB on the field this time too. Probably a better matchup than the injury bowl from last year

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SirA1 said:

I think the reason most people don't hit the roster limit is also because of the restrictions or adding and releasing players. Only being able to add 1+IR each week is somewhat restricting, I also think its crazy difficult to get rid of players on your team. I know there needs to be restrictions but the fact that I can't just cut someone who sucks regardless of what they're making kinda keeps the rosters somewhat stagnant (that said I haven't gone through an offseason yet sooo.....we'll see)