BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

4 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Another off season thing. Not that it means to drastically much in our armchair GM game but I think that home field advantage should also happen in the second round for the higher seeds. Not sure why its just done away with considering it happens IRL as well.

Unfair balance would swing it in the way of the home team more often than not because of the homefield advantage.

31 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Unfair balance would swing it in the way of the home team more often than not because of the homefield advantage.

Not sure I understand? Isn't that the point of doing well in the regular season? If people are THAT torn over a match-up and use the "home team" as the sole decider I believe that was something that was earned over 14 weeks.

17 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Not sure I understand? Isn't that the point of doing well in the regular season? If people are THAT torn over a match-up and use the "home team" as the sole decider I believe that was something that was earned over 14 weeks.

It is and you get a home matchup wildcard weekend for it. While I do agree with you to a point going with the home team is the easy option in a close game, why make the decision easy? 

Edited by OleXmad

On 1/1/2018 at 12:09 PM, Jlash said:

So at seasons end, my defense had the league leader in picks, sacks and forced fumbles. If Awuzie and Witherspoon keep playing like they've shown down the stretch the defense might not be too bad next year.

You and Dingoladd trading Todd Gurley, Aqib Talib, and Drew Brees was a dagger to the Cuba championship hopes this season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MD4L said:

You and Dingoladd trading Todd Gurley, Aqib Talib, and Drew Brees was a dagger to the Cuba championship hopes this season.

I traded away the most likely league MVP for a dude who didn't even play this year. Gurley+Gordon would've carried me to the playoffs...congrats on winning your BDL title bcb.

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

Don't blame me. Everyone had a fair shot at those players, including yourself.

23 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Don't blame me. Everyone had a fair shot at those players, including yourself.

I tried to get Anthony Barr, which was respectfully declined, and cap space was woefully thin for the team to end this season.

• Like 1