BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

1 hour ago, Whicker said:

Hard to tell because people get grumpy and close to the cap every year

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

It's only an issue when someone runs out and wants to make it an issue.

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

6. Standardize the cap increase/reduce cap grumpiness?

I think standardizing cap increases year over year to a specific amount or percentage would be a good practice. It would keep continuity of the league while also avoiding cap "debates"

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

I think standardizing cap increases year over year to a specific amount or percentage would be a good practice. It would keep continuity of the league while also avoiding cap "debates"

I agree. We've bumped it up in the past to reflect the growing NFL cap so it makes sense to come up with something.

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

How is playoff seeding/byes/homefield advantage determined now if not the top two seeds? I forget what I said before.

There are no byes. Homefield advantage goes to the higher seed but only for the first round.

I think you said before that the current structure doesn't incentivize teams to continue playing after they've locked up a playoff spot. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Whicker said:

There are no byes. Homefield advantage goes to the higher seed but only for the first round.

I think you said before that the current structure doesn't incentivize teams to continue playing after they've locked up a playoff spot. 

I still believe that that. If we're going top 6 for playoffs that would give top 2 byes, 3-4 a one week "homefield advantage" and 5-6 are just lucky to be in the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I still believe that that. If we're going top 6 for playoffs that would give top 2 byes, 3-4 a one week "homefield advantage" and 5-6 are just lucky to be in the playoffs.

I think this is a good idea that should be discussed 

49 minutes ago, Whicker said:
59 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

If we reduce playoff teams to 6 rags will never see what it's like to get in.  Also, tanking will be even more rampant.

The first one sounds like a positive

I hate you guys so much.  

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I thought it already was 6 but I guess it makes sense why there wasn't a bye then. :S

I was only going to suggest going to six if we contracted to 14 teams. Since it looks like we're rolling with 16 I doubt we'll change the format too much.

I'm ok with the Cap Space for 2018 remaining at $170K since the NFL is just at $168M. I could get behind a 2.5% yearly increase going forward starting in 2019.

41 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I was only going to suggest going to six if we contracted to 14 teams. Since it looks like we're rolling with 16 I doubt we'll change the format too much.

I'm ok with the Cap Space for 2018 remaining at $170K since the NFL is just at $168M. I could get behind a 2.5% yearly increase going forward starting in 2019.

If you want to bring contraction up go for it. We still have one vacant team, and last time we talked about it we shockingly had a volunteer to contract.