BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

If footsy is willing to not take a co-owner for at least the next calendar year to show his commitment, my suggestion and hope would be for hockey and EP to take Compton straight up and footsy gets another chance.  if footsy doesn't show his commitment, then we groom some new co-owners to take over.  

That way every team has an active owner and we have no contraction and no one has to shuffle teams.

I think Ted made a very good point about arbitrary punishment involving giving Compton Wilson or additional picks, so I would take that off the table.  

That said, it seems like most everyone has made this hockey's decision, so we will see what he has to say.  

56 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Hockey has shown enough to turn me into a believer. He deserves to be here because what he has shown.

I don't think anyone disagrees with this. Hockey did a tremendous job in this first year. He absolutely deserves to own a team.

He made some line-up and waiver decisions that I thought were bad early on because of his inexperience and I let him know when I saw them just to try and help him learn BDL more as well as to help the team obviously from a competitive standpoint, and it seems he took those criticisms personal, which I assume is what him and Rags are bringing up. That said, that miscommunication shouldn't make this a me vs. him thing. I absolutely want Hockey in the league. And he doesn't want a bad team going forward, which I understand as well, and I am willing to help out on my end if need be (Giving Wilson and taking salary back, giving a pick, nothing at all, whatever) to make sure he feels good about the situation he inherits in Compton since he really helped me out this year.

3 hours ago, TedLavie said:

How would that solve anything? Hockey still would have to look for a QB.

@OleXmad didn't you recruit a co-owner this year? Is he involved?

I did and he dissipated after like 2 weeks, being a forum mod is busy work. To be fair I didn't PM him all that much. 

Rofl said he'd do Compton for the offseason but offseason is the best bit so we'd just end up in the exact same hole.

We'll be able to get an active member for Compton I'm pretty sure, this is the best time for it.

I do have a problem with taking Footsy's team off him in the sense he largely built it but at the same time Hockey has pretty much done all the work. I don't see the harm in sort of leaving it as is where Hockey is instead main owner and has authority while Footy can be like an overseer and do some work too.

43 minutes ago, SkunkApes said:

I don't think anyone disagrees with this. Hockey did a tremendous job in this first year. He absolutely deserves to own a team.

He made some line-up and waiver decisions that I thought were bad early on because of his inexperience and I let him know when I saw them just to try and help him learn BDL more as well as to help the team obviously from a competitive standpoint, and it seems he took those criticisms personal, which I assume is what him and Rags are bringing up. That said, that miscommunication shouldn't make this a me vs. him thing. I absolutely want Hockey in the league. And he doesn't want a bad team going forward, which I understand as well, and I am willing to help out on my end if need be (Giving Wilson and taking salary back, giving a pick, nothing at all, whatever) to make sure he feels good about the situation he inherits in Compton since he really helped me out this year.

You do understand how you were at fault for a lot of this though, right?

Brought on a co-owner, threw him into the fire while keeping him from making major decisions, completely vanished(when at least my assumption was that you'd just be less active), didn't respond to his questions in a remotely timely manner which he needed as he couldn't make major decisions, and he felt that the only interactions y'all had were negative.  

I get that life happens and you can't always be around, but it at least seems this overall situation sucked some of the fun out of it for hockey which could cost us future participation.

All that aside, I'd be for giving you another chance to run Orlando.

Oh, and please don't try to trade rape people.  That won't help your look this year.