BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

36 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I see that, all his players looked listed correctly so I don't see what the immediate problem is. Maybe it looks crazier on his phone.

Look at roster status and years left. Its the same view Im getting on laptop and cell

Just now, PR said:

Look at roster status and years left. Its the same view Im getting on laptop and cell

Yea I get that, but your roster itself is fine. I thought you were having trouble seeing the players on your roster. Like Sira said now that @TedLavie is aware of it he'll fix it.

4 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

So....besides for contracts. how does what happened in the actual NFL factor into this league? Injuries? Cuts?

It's a long read, but the OP has a lot of answers.

If a player is cut IRL, he's still on your roster unless he's a FA for a calendar year. Injured players don't count against your roster number, but still counts against your cap.

2 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

also whats this vote and comment requirement that was tossed around earlier?

(You guys have a ton of rules xD )

Mostly it's just to make sure people explain why they voted for a certain team in some of the games, I.E just do 4/8 games and you should be good. 

I'm trying something new this year, though I guess some (most) won't like it. I've put the players into teams in a simulation engine (video game) and computer summed the result. That will be my vote. I'll also be adding to the comments the score and key stats (offence only). The only exception is my own games (and this week the Orlando game due to it being late).

2 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

also whats this vote and comment requirement that was tossed around earlier?

(You guys have a ton of rules xD )

In the past if you didn't vote on at least 4/8 games, you were automatically given a loss for that week. This past offseason, we expanded that to include commenting on games as well. I believe salary cap penalties were proposed but not officially decided upon.

@Counselor, I am assuming the best of intentions from you on this, but I have to call you out. You voted against PR at 12:26 pm CST on Sunday and against me two minutes later without comment on either. That's not even 30 minutes after kickoff. With the exceptions of voting for yourself and against people who missed gameplans (which is why there were some early votes on the Orlando game), voting should take place after all the games are concluded. We post the game threads on Sunday to ensure that no one waited on a player performance before submitting. Again, I am assuming the best intentions from you as PR and I are both behind in the voting currently, but it does look suspicious when you don't wait for the games to play out, you don't comment, and you happened to vote against two of your division rivals.