BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

On 13 septembre 2017 at 7:48 PM, TedLavie said:

Idea #9a: to replace the "don't vote and you lose rule" that was clearly used by Swag and then Footsy, I'd like to replace it with cap penalties. Don't vote in 5 games out of 8 as an owner (co-owners are obviously not included and:

1st offense: Fair Warning
2nd offense: 1K cap penalty in the following year
3rd offense: 2K
4th offense: 4K
5th offense: 8K
6th+ offense: 10K and an automatic league wide vote to kick you out of the league in the Winter meeting

Idea #9b: to help against tanking and inactivity, I propose this rule for missed gameplans

1st offense: 1K Cap penalty
2nd offense: 5K Cap penalty
3rd offense: 10K Cap penalty and an automatic league wide vote to kick you out of the league in the Winter meeting

In both cases, if fair warning is given or for a good reason, the owner can be excused and one or several offenses can be withdrawn by the ruling committee. Offenses are not cumulative over the years.

Idea #9c: to promote BDL activity and discussion, I propose to make game comments mandatory:

1st to 3rd offense: Fair warning
From 4th offense onwards: $500 per offense. No further sanction can be applied. 

In each case, penalties will be cleared if ownership changes. For instance, Dingo would not have been penalized this year for Swag and Monk inactivity early last year.

So do we agree on that or do any of you have objections?

Orlando and Compton had their first voting infraction this week

In addition to Orlando and Compton, Long Beach had their first comment infraction.

Given that Counselor is new, that Hockey was basically thrown into fire this week and that Rofl made the somewhat valid point that he thought he could vote until Wednesday, I think we should start from scratch in Week 2. @Jlash @bcb1213 would you be ok with that?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Counselor said:

If y'all penalize me for this on week one that's pretty weak.

You are 100% safe. The only person that we should even think of punishing is rofl. He gets a pass, because I did not remember the rule changes correctly.