2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I'm all there for Oliver if he falls to us.  I'd be very happy with that.

The bolded is logically incongruous though.  You say that's a position you feel like they know how to evaluate and possibly develop, but at the same time...accuse them of picking a "Trash Can" with little hope he'll develop into much, at the position.  I don't understand how you're reconciling these two concepts at all here.

I think Bryan was drafted merely because of how well he tested at the combine with no real on the field production in college. The question remains can they cultivate the talent and turn it into production. A lot of this boils down to want to for the player. Can we really sit here and say the Jags should get the credit for developing Yann or should we just give Yann the credit for his own development for how hard he works in the offseason. Because it’s all going to come down to how hard Taven has been working on his own.

Also Smoot has yet to develop to even avg.

Edited by DuvalsKing

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hock helps Foles

Helps LF

Helps keep the defense honest because he is a dual threat where you don’t know if he’s running a route or blocking unlike Lewis who felt more like a 6th OL later on

Alternatively, I know it's different scheme/regime, but Del Rio and his staff kept Lewis in as a blocker his early years because they didn't feel the OL would hold up. Even though he came in with more of a pedigree as a receiver than a blocker his size/strength/attitude turned him into a blocker.

I think you kind of saw that with the Bucs as well with Howard.

On the other hand, guys like Winslow/Engram were utilized as receivers because they werent good blockers.

I think this team would prefer a vet/reliable blocker like Swayne and a younger/athletic guy like Hock/Fant/Smith/etc as the move guy.

Obviously Hock can play both, so there is value to it.

1 hour ago, Speedyg said:

Alternatively, I know it's different scheme/regime, but Del Rio and his staff kept Lewis in as a blocker his early years because they didn't feel the OL would hold up. Even though he came in with more of a pedigree as a receiver than a blocker his size/strength/attitude turned him into a blocker.

I think you kind of saw that with the Bucs as well with Howard.

On the other hand, guys like Winslow/Engram were utilized as receivers because they werent good blockers.

I think this team would prefer a vet/reliable blocker like Swayne and a younger/athletic guy like Hock/Fant/Smith/etc as the move guy.

Obviously Hock can play both, so there is value to it.

Yea having some versatility never hurts. 

31 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I think Taylor is off the board at this point. If they draft Taylor to me is a clear indication that they clearly don't know what the hell their doing.

I disagree.

Taylor is a good OT prospect. Jonah is clearly better, but if Jonah is gone I get why we'd want him.

If we take him at 7 than he obviously doesn't have any injury flags, at least in the eyes of our doctors.

11 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What is everyone’s list of guys you’re okay with taking at 7?

Include all best case scenarios 

Bosa

Q

Allen

Oliver

Sweat

Hock

Jonah

Haskins

If we're talking all possibilities? Add Murray to the list.

Dillard too.

Also, personal preference and would be incredibly shocked (and might get huh? from draft room) by the pick...

Greedy Williams. Love his fit here.

57 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

If we're talking all possibilities? Add Murray to the list.

Dillard too.

Also, personal preference and would be incredibly shocked (and might get huh? from draft room) by the pick...

Greedy Williams. Love his fit here.

In a trade down Greedy would be ok for me tbh. But I feel like it'd signal something...even though I think 3 good corners would be good.