2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

Apparently the Jags are sending a big contingent down to work out Tytus Howard.  Would certainly fit the bill for physical size and all that.  Probably somewhere in the wheelhouse of our high 2nd rounder, if we don't go OT at 7.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Apparently the Jags are sending a big contingent down to work out Tytus Howard.  Would certainly fit the bill for physical size and all that.  Probably somewhere in the wheelhouse of our high 2nd rounder, if we don't go OT at 7.

Not going to lie, haven't watched much of him.

Sounds like there's a chance for him to go late 1st.

15 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Anyone else got that bad feeling i do?

Like Tyson Alualu all over again

Alualu was a good pick.

Him having an injury that killed his career isn't our fault (still a serviceable DL, but think he would've been good had he not had that injury).

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Not going to lie, haven't watched much of him.

Sounds like there's a chance for him to go late 1st.

Yeah.  It does sound like momentum is building that could push him up there.

If he's going late 1st though, i think it's probably doubly bad news for us, because it probably means there's been a run on OTs through the 1st.  So if we haven't grabbed one at 7, we could kinda get left hanging.

44 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  It does sound like momentum is building that could push him up there.

If he's going late 1st though, i think it's probably doubly bad news for us, because it probably means there's been a run on OTs through the 1st.  So if we haven't grabbed one at 7, we could kinda get left hanging.

Idk if that's the case. He just sounds like his stock is rising due to upside and a classic case of a guy rising a lot once the draft process started.

Don't think if he goes early that means there was a huge run, if anything he may have just surpassed others.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Alualu was a good pick.

Him having an injury that killed his career isn't our fault (still a serviceable DL, but think he would've been good had he not had that injury).

he would have been a solid de/dt but he didnt show anything special even in college.   i was more impressed with Cameron Jordan when i watched some cali film after we drafted him. 

59 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

he would have been a solid de/dt but he didnt show anything special even in college.   i was more impressed with Cameron Jordan when i watched some cali film after we drafted him. 

Alualu had terrific burst and he was a high performer his first half season or so before the injury wore him down some. It really wasn't the injury as much as it was playing with the injury for two full seasons before having it fixed. Alualu wasn't projected as a top 10 pick by pretty much anyone in the media, but he did have a high ceiling and a high floor (ie: a safe player with upside).

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Idk if that's the case. He just sounds like his stock is rising due to upside and a classic case of a guy rising a lot once the draft process started.

Don't think if he goes early that means there was a huge run, if anything he may have just surpassed others.

Maybe.  If that means some of the other Tackles i like slip further, i'd be all for that.

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Alualu had terrific burst and he was a high performer his first half season or so before the injury wore him down some. It really wasn't the injury as much as it was playing with the injury for two full seasons before having it fixed. Alualu wasn't projected as a top 10 pick by pretty much anyone in the media, but he did have a high ceiling and a high floor (ie: a safe player with upside).

his healthy burst didnt seem to be that great.  the what if game is all fine and dandy but in reality we picked a 2nd.3rd round safe choice in the top 10 cuz Gene smith is a moron of a Gm/Scout IE Hard Ons for every small school guy and ignore the big school guys. 

if the injury was that bad he shouldnt have fixed it sooner then when he did so he could have potentially got most of that burst left. 

9 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

his healthy burst didnt seem to be that great.  the what if game is all fine and dandy but in reality we picked a 2nd.3rd round safe choice in the top 10 cuz Gene smith is a moron of a Gm/Scout IE Hard Ons for every small school guy and ignore the big school guys. 

if the injury was that bad he shouldnt have fixed it sooner then when he did so he could have potentially got most of that burst left. 

Most had him as a middleish 1st to early 2nd round prospect. And again, this is just the media. I remember there being reports at the time that he likely would have been picked soon after. I also don't know why the small school thing matters here considering Alualu went to Cal. 

You're forgetting about the lockout in 2011. IIRC as well, the team advised him for some reason to wait to have the surgery. His difference in burst is night and day before the injury took its toll and after it took its toll. This isn't even a "what if" scenario as much as a "this happened and it significantly altered the course of his career". Even then, he's still had a long and productive career and there is far worse that can come from a first round selection. He didn't end up being the pillar we wanted on the DL, but he's far from someone who should be included in the "awful picks" pile. 

10 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Most had him as a middleish 1st to early 2nd round prospect. And again, this is just the media. I remember there being reports at the time that he likely would have been picked soon after. I also don't know why the small school thing matters here considering Alualu went to Cal. 

You're forgetting about the lockout in 2011. IIRC as well, the team advised him for some reason to wait to have the surgery. His difference in burst is night and day before the injury took its toll and after it took its toll. This isn't even a "what if" scenario as much as a "this happened and it significantly altered the course of his career". Even then, he's still had a long and productive career and there is far worse that can come from a first round selection. He didn't end up being the pillar we wanted on the DL, but he's far from someone who should be included in the "awful picks" pile. 

weve done worseas far as the end picture but injuries are a part of the game cuz of its very violent nature. its a huge what-if thing going on cuz whos to say even if he didnt get that injury he would have been a big pillar on the DL cuz he didnt seem like one of those even 8 sack guys.  i remember i wanted Graham(cuz he played like a bad ***) or JPP(cuz he could do like those backflips). i also kinda liked Derrick morgan cuz he put up some good stats even tho he was regularly double or triple teamed. 

truthly i cant figure out who the worse gm weve had. its between Coughlin and gene i think. coughlin cuz of getting us into cap hell and gene smith cuz essentially we had to do a rebuild after a rebuid

Archived