2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Assuming we’re all in, since at least we appear to be it might hurt our leverage but i think any GM worth their salt can see 7 is a sucky spot for us. We might not even try to fleece someone looking for a QB

Also anyone else disappointed we beat Miami and Indy in 2 of the last 5 games?

We’d be picking 2nd if we lost those and at least 5th if we lost 1

I don't think being "all in" on Foles for the year really hurts our leverage if a QB people want falls to 7 though.  We're not finding a dance partner unless it's for a QB...but being fully committed to Foles contractually for 2 years kinda just gives us maneuvering room to wheel and deal if say Miami/Cincy/Wash/whoever see a guy like Haskins get past the Giants and want to move up for him.  Or they want to jump ahead of the Giants reach with their second pick for Jones or Lock or whoever.

It's weird to be in a "power position" when it comes to potentially not needing a QB, even though our starting QB might actually suck.  But that seems like where we're at.

Scenario: You’re the Jags GM the pick has to be Oline number 7 overall. You have Cam coming off an ACL, center is solidified along with right guard and you have a serviceable left guard. But you have no known commodity at right tackle. What offensive lineman are you taking and why?

6 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

Scenario: You’re the Jags GM the pick has to be Oline number 7 overall. You have Cam coming off an ACL, center is solidified along with right guard and you have a serviceable left guard. But you have no known commodity at right tackle. What offensive lineman are you taking and why?

U calling norwell a servicable lg and cann a solidified center. Sorry but u sir should check into a hospital to check fir a head injury. 

Also if im picking an ol at 7 which i wouldnt i would go dillard cuz hes the best lt available. 

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

U calling norwell a servicable lg and cann a solidified center. Sorry but u sir should check into a hospital to check fir a head injury. 

Also if im picking an ol at 7 which i wouldnt i would go dillard cuz hes the best lt available. 

Norwell isn't a serviceable guard? 

What?

9 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

A year removed from 1st team All Pro at the position as one of the top paid G in the league. If you think Coughlin is about to redraft or sign someone to replace him than make sure you check in before I do.

outside of that you’re draft strategy isn’t bad all this talk about Taylor being the pick. But I don’t see how the Jags can just pick a plug and play RT when LT really truly isn’t solidified. The strategy should be to draft a LT let the drafted LT compete with Cam in camp loser plays RT.

32 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

A year removed from 1st team All Pro at the position as one of the top paid G in the league. If you think Coughlin is about to redraft or sign someone to replace him than make sure you check in before I do.

outside of that you’re draft strategy isn’t bad all this talk about Taylor being the pick. But I don’t see how the Jags can just pick a plug and play RT when LT really truly isn’t solidified. The strategy should be to draft a LT let the drafted LT compete with Cam in camp loser plays RT.

biggest problem with that idea is that it isnt that easy to go from LT to RT and some guys cant make that transition like madden. 

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Norwell is the LG and hes just "servicable yet Cann is considered solid. 

i think he done messed up whos playing where. 

Yeah, he definitely goofed that up i think.  But the message was still pretty clear...

We've got 2 absolutely solid IOL with Norwell and Linder, and a serviceable guy in Cann at RG.  Meanwhile, we have literally nothing at RT, and a pretty mediocre LT in Cam coming off a significant injury.  If you want to upgrade the line most...it should be pretty obvious the position where you're going to get the most utility.  RT, preferably in a guy with LT upside.

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

biggest problem with that idea is that it isnt that easy to go from LT to RT and some guys cant make that transition like madden. 

This is extremely true.  Way too often, it's assumed a player can just make the shift seamlessly.  Fortunately for us...a few of the top guys in this draft, have actually made that transition in College so you know they can probably play either side.

18 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

With this scenario...if i must select an OLineman, the Moustache commands it or whatever:  I want to trade back badly, with anyone who will bargain.  I'll take bottom dollar on the value, just want to move back and get something for it.

But i'd go with one of:

Greg Little - plenty of bust risk, but as much LT upside as anyone and experience at RT too.

Dalton Risner - limited to RT only, but there's nothing to dislike in his game as a mean mofo who holds up remarkably well as a pass protector.

Jonah Williams - easily the safest bet of the bunch.  Probably isn't a LT, but kind of a coin flip if he can find ways to hold his own as an NFL RT.  Worst case...he's a stud at OG, with at least emergency OT utility.

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I’m thinking DL is the pick.

I think Dline should be the pick as well pass rusher is the second most important player on the field to me. But since trash can 90 was drafted last season highly doubt they double back on it again this year. I’d take Oliver, or possibly Sweat. But I wouldn’t be against if they took Jonah as long as it’s not Taylor. I don’t think Taylor is going to be trash but I don’t think he’s going to be a pro bowler either you don’t use top 10 picks on solid.

Archived