2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

Question I want to know to those who want TJ drafted what type of career do you perceive that TJ will end up with saying that he stays relatively healthy? Would you say that he would be close to Mercedes Lewis type career or Witten type career? 

15 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Question I want to know to those who want TJ drafted what type of career do you perceive that TJ will end up with saying that he stays relatively healthy? Would you say that he would be close to Mercedes Lewis type career or Witten type career? 

if he stays healthy i can see him having a witten type of career.  

2 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

If the Jags called the Raiders and said we’ll give you this yrs 2nd and next yrs 2nd for The Raiders No. 27.. would you object?

Depends 100% on who is still there at 27.  If say, a guy i value Top-10 or something is still there, i'd be rip roarin' ready for that.  But trading up just for the sake of trading up would be beyond stupid.  Especially in this draft, where it looks like that early 2nd of ours could net us a very good, later 1st round caliber talent without even moving up.

34 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I'd say, maybe a Greg Olsen type career.  idk.

Regardless of trying to link it to one particular player for a "career projection"...I think Hockenson has the potential to be that consistent top targets guy for a team; both moving the chains and also threatening the seams, who also contributes outside of the receiving game for a lot of years.  The sort of "cornerstone" where you just plug him in and have TE#1 filled for your team for maybe even a decade.  That's worth a Top-10 pick to me, in this draft, easy.

16 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Depends 100% on who is still there at 27.  If say, a guy i value Top-10 or something is still there, i'd be rip roarin' ready for that.  But trading up just for the sake of trading up would be beyond stupid.  Especially in this draft, where it looks like that early 2nd of ours could net us a very good, later 1st round caliber talent without even moving up.

like if simmons was there id consider it but at the same point hes likely not taking a snap this year for us. 

Archived