Prediction: Rookie RB Derrius Guice will rush for 2000 yards this season.

aceinthehouse

18896268-standard.jpg 

Former LSU RB Derrius Guice was drafted by the Washington Redskins @ pick #59 in the 2nd round.

He's always ran angry. Now, he says he's 10x angrier than ever.

Maybe its from questions asked/not asked by draft scouts from NFL clubs?

Maybe its from the false rumors from possibly former agent or others about a shouting match with the Eagles front office? Which they've denied happened.

Or maybe its from the dumbfounded criticism of him preferring to play video games, rather than partying all night at the bars?

Either way, we don't really know.

Here's what I know! ?

He's going to be the primary RB, with Chris Thompson spelling him on 3rd downs.

The Redskins are going to use a more conservative approach, than in recent years.

They're building their team much like the 2010 Niners teams and on. It explains why we have position coaches from those teams, Alex Smith & Vernon Davis were on those teams as well.

It also explains our draft & the building of our Big Front.

Redskins will be pounding the rock! Guice will prove immediately, that the best RB in this draft class went #59 rather than #2.

Which shouldn't be too shocking. There were quite a few writers/pundits who believed this too be true.

I agree with them. ?

3 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I don't like the guy and he is no Adrian Peterson. I like Barkley's chances or Fournette's chances a lot more.

If you mean 2000 rushing/receiving yards, you have me there.   Not at rushing alone.

I mean, i think he could be a good one and find some significant success there, for the reasons noted.  But like...last year there were only 9 guys who got even halfway to 2k rushing yards.  And none of them really even got anywhere close...despite some of them also being extremely talented and playing on teams that absolutely ran the ball extensively.  All time, there are like half a dozen guys who have ever hit that mark.  Ever.

It's just not a feat i think you can sanely project even for the absolutely proven "elite" backs.  Teams just don't run the ball like that anymore.  It's too physically draining, and there will always be rotation.

So no.  He won't rush for 2000 yards.  That's beyond a hot take, straight into absurdity as a projection.

He'll need to average 125 yards through 16 games to reach 2000. So staying healthy is a must.

Most teams run the ball, when playing with a lead. I expect the Redskins to be very conservative & play with a lead for 2/3rds of the season. That's at least 10 games.

Alex Smith is the best game manager in football.

He doesn't lose games by throwing them away like...well, you know who.

Instead, I look for Gruden & the Skins to pound the rock extensively.

I see Guice with 20+ carries a game.

Thompson with 5/10 carries a game.

Alex with maybe 20-25 passes a game.

The stat sheet numbers will look more balanced, than the overall feel for the game.

The inside scoop is that Starbucks got his order wrong yesterday morning. Meaning he is going to run even angrier. He is a lock for five thousand yards rushing this year and he may even kill a couple careless tacklers. Quote me on that.

Archived