Packers Off-season Mini-Camp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

Just now, SSG said:

I really want to see Jones get the reps and get better in pass pro so that he can stay on the field.  He's got Kamara type upside (as a runner, hasn't had much opportunity as a pass catcher) and is easily our most gifted runner.  I'm not a big Williams guy as he doesn't look like much more than a 3 YPC guy.  Jones on the other hand ripped off a  15 yard run on 10% of his carries last year.

As you well know, I wasn't big on Williams last year.  All he did was run up the back of the OL for the first half of the season.  He's growing on me, though.  His vision is getting exponentially better than it was last year.  He has some explosiveness and he can block.  

I think Jones is going to be the guy with the most production by the end of the season.  Especially if Philbin gets MM to use him out of the backfield more.  He's going to be fun to watch.  

19 minutes ago, Cheech said:

As you well know, I wasn't big on Williams last year.  All he did was run up the back of the OL for the first half of the season.  He's growing on me, though.  His vision is getting exponentially better than it was last year.  He has some explosiveness and he can block.  

I think Jones is going to be the guy with the most production by the end of the season.  Especially if Philbin gets MM to use him out of the backfield more.  He's going to be fun to watch.  

Jones has to learn to block if he wants to be consistently be used in more passing sets... also the stat that shocked me the most of any was, that Williams was top 5 of all RBs in pass blocking 

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

??

Thats a link to Packers/Titans stats....and Janis isnt in there either....for obvious reasons.

Yes, I said that in the first game, he had two catches for 10 yards. You said that he had no receptions in either game. 

5 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

Yes, I said that in the first game, he had two catches for 10 yards. You said that he had no receptions in either game. 

??
Jeff Janis is not on either the GBPs or TN.
If you're looking for Janis stats - you need to be looking at CLE games.

18 hours ago, Lodestar said:

I forget which play it was, but Williams made one outstanding block in pass protection against Pittsburgh. Broadcasters didn't show a replay or mention it.

I found a clip of the aforementioned block by Williams.

Archived