Packers Off-season Mini-Camp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

11 minutes ago, Beast said:

Also Spriggs got physical demoted, but when they updated the unofficial depth chart they correctly fix all the physical demoted except Spriggs and Bell. And MM has made some odd comments about it, which have me thinking they still have Spriggs higher but they're trying to lit a fire under his butt or he's not 100% or something.

It's worth mentioning that Spriggs was originally supposed to be an LT because he is more of a finesse blocker, but they couldn't trust him there. (I think it was Spriggs who got Hundley injured in his second preseason.) The move to RT was already a demotion for him, and he knows that's where he has to play now, which probably has something to do with him bulking up in the off-season. I was hoping he would be able to build on that decent stretch of play he had for a few games late last season, but his overall trajectory still appears to be headed downward. My next best hope is that Spriggs is one of those guys like Breno Giacomini who takes four or five years to become a serviceable NFL OT. However, if that's the case, he may not be worth keeping. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Imagine how different the narrative would be about J'Mon Moore had he just caught the two deep balls from Boyle...

We know what we were getting into with him. Inconsistent hands, but that is teachable and can be better with practice.

Moore can flat out create separation though, and he’s going to have some big plays for us this year.

22 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

We know what we were getting into with him. Inconsistent hands, but that is teachable and can be better with practice.

Moore can flat out create separation though, and he’s going to have some big plays for us this year.

Exactly my point. Those same plays, he's winning against the DBs. Had he caught both passes, he'd be getting praised. Drops both and some people are questioning whether he makes the team...lol 

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Exactly my point. Those same plays, he's winning against the DBs. Had he caught both passes, he'd be getting praised. Drops both and some people are questioning whether he makes the team...lol 

I gave him a pass on the first one. Two in a row is more concerning though. And it's not like he's been making a lot of other catches to compensate for the drops. I think he is in some danger of getting cut, but we're only halfway through the preseason, and there is plenty of time for him to bounce back. 

Archived