DeShone Kizer

Golfman

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I just didn't have anywhere near the same grade on Randall as I did Alexander/Jackson. That was one of those picks I talked myself into after the draft. Jaire was my 2nd highest rated player other than LVE and Jackson my 1st when we picked.

I don't have any idea if they will pan out or not, but I have no idea if Randall will pan out or not and we're going into year 4. His peaks have been excellent, his valley's dreadful and there's been a lot of injuries and mediocre play in between. 

That's fine, but you can still pick those guys with Randall on the team. We didn't get those picks by moving Randall. 

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That's fine, but you can still pick those guys with Randall on the team. We didn't get those picks by moving Randall. 

Well I like Kizer too so I want him. I had the same grade on him I did Mahomes. Everyone loves Mahomes, difference being he went to a component organization that had a plan and will develop him. As soon as Kizer went to CLE I wrote him off as a bust. He had no chance there.

Some of you guys are obsessed with Randall. We traded him for a backup qb, I wish we woulda gotten something different as well, but Damarius Randall does not deserve to be talked about this much. Not like we gave up an all pro. 

19 minutes ago, SSG said:

I  can't see this.  He was a substantially better player than King and House last year.  MAYBE one of the rookies has an extraordinary year but its highly doubtful that both do.  Also, chances are pretty good that Tramon Williams is the caliber player we've seen in 3 of his last 4 years and not what we seen last year when he had success in off man.  He looked like his NFL career was all but over while he played in Cleveland.  

People are dogging on Randall for one reason and one reason only.  He's no longer a Packer.  I  have no doubt there would be a substantial amount of optimism for his 2018 season if he was still here.  Because he's not, he's suddenly a terrible player and the guy whom we traded him for is an elite QB prospect despite being historically bad last year and the single biggest reason his team went winless.

Are you seriously suggesting no one was angry with Randall?  That’s comically false

5 minutes ago, Blink said:

Are you seriously suggesting no one was angry with Randall?  That’s comically false

No, I'm not suggesting anything.  I'm saying that some fan's current views of Randall are so bad for absolutely no other reason than he is no longer a Packer.  If he wasn't traded, people would be extremely excited about the future of our secondary IMO.  

Randall surely struggled early last year but there is no denying that he was BY FAR our best CB down the stretch. 

37 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If we didn't move Randall, wouldn't we have had to draft a QB somewhere?

22 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Some of you guys are obsessed with Randall. We traded him for a backup qb, I wish we woulda gotten something different as well, but Damarius Randall does not deserve to be talked about this much. Not like we gave up an all pro. 

Not an all pro but clearly our best CB last year.  I  mean, he's not a star but he is a guy who's averaged 4 INTs a season over his career.   

I had no problem with Randall, but then again, I wasn’t trying to coach him and don’t know if he was listening to his coaches or not. Starting quality CB.

I think even as a rookie, if we had Kizer instead of Hundley, we’d have made the playoffs. He can hit an open man.

5 minutes ago, SSG said:

No, I'm not suggesting anything.  I'm saying that some fan's current views of Randall are so bad for absolutely no other reason than he is no longer a Packer.  If he wasn't traded, people would be extremely excited about the future of our secondary IMO.  

Randall surely struggled early last year but there is no denying that he was BY FAR our best CB down the stretch. 

So you're saying people are overrating Kizer because he's now a Packer, and if Randall were a Packer people would be overrating him? Obviously.

Kizer was CLE's best QB too. Randall had a stretch of some really good games from game 1 of his career to about game 8. Then from game 30 to 36 about. We were optimistic about him because he's shown he can do it. He's played more bad football than good as a whole.

Kizer played some good football too, so did Hundley. All players still have a chance to be good in this league.

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Not an all pro but clearly our best CB last year.  I  mean, he's not a star but he is a guy who's averaged 4 INTs a season over his career.   

I get it. He was our best CB, but he’s not good enough to be talked about for two months. It was a strange trade, but it’s not something I’d dwell over.

2 minutes ago, StinkySauce said:

If we didn't move Randall, wouldn't we have had to draft a QB somewhere?

Are we any better off at QB with Kizer as back up than Hundley?  If you look at 2017 seasons, Hundley was the better QB despite playing behind a line that wasn't nearly as good.  Kizer got a lot more protection and was still awful.  

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Are we any better off at QB with Kizer as back up than Hundley?  If you look at 2017 seasons, Hundley was the better QB despite playing behind a line that wasn't nearly as good.  Kizer got a lot more protection and was still awful.  

I'm convinced, based on two medium-sized pours of Longrow 10/100 and my complete lack of knowledge on the subject, that Kizer is a better prospect than Hundley .  A better backup?  I don't know about that, either; but I'm convinced, based on three medium-sized pours of Longrow 10/100 and my complete lack of knowledge on the subject, that Hundley isn't good enough to get us a wildcard spot if Rodgers goes down after gifting him a 4-1 record in a division with both the Bears and the Lions.  

21 minutes ago, SSG said:

I wanted him and Rollins gone after the past two years of horrible play. If we'd have gotten a corned beef sandwich for him I would have been happy and I don't particularly like Corned Beef! 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

I wanted him and Rollins gone after the past two years of horrible play. If we'd have gotten a corned beef sandwich for him I would have been happy and I don't particularly like Corned Beef! 

Damn that sounds good.  But I think we could have scored a corned beef sandwich AND a rack of basketballs.

Kizer was said to be a year away from being a viable top-20 talent by his coach and scouts alike. He went to Cleveland and got his lumps. He'll be much better with us than he was in Cleveland and hopefully can be what we were hoping Hundley would be.

Archived