Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 16 - Taco Bowl XVI POSTED!)

10 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I thought it was a fair trade.

Why not give away a player you arent going to keep anyway?

And nobody came with a better offer either

Three tags are valued as a late first by themself. 

Nobody came with a better offer, yes. But we also aren’t even a month away from when all tag trades have to be completed. Why take less than the tags are worth for the tags and a player over a month before it’s due?

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

Three tags are valued as a late first by themself. 

Nobody came with a better offer, yes. But we also aren’t even a month away from when all tag trades have to be completed. Why take less than the tags are worth for the tags and a player over a month before it’s due?

Other people have made trades for tags. No one else came with an offer, its their loss not mine if they wanted the tags. I took the best offer I got, I'm assuming at this point people know who their keepers are now that the NFL season is over and they know where players standard.

I got an early 2nd, not much of a difference between that and a late 1st. I don't think Jarvis Landry would've brought me anything by himself, so he's basically a throw in. 

Great assumption that people who haven’t even shown up in the thread in the last month(s) have made all their decisions by this point. 

There was no reason to force the trade at this point. 

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

question for the group:

How do the coaches affect gameplay?

Do they add a roster bonus based on how good they are?

Yes, they do.

Each coach is ranked in each position. Each player in each game receives a buff or debuff in one or two of their attributes from the HC and coordinator. Coaches that rank highly in a particular position have a greater chance at buffing; coaches that rank lowly in that particular position can debuff.

In the engine itself, coaches also determine sliders... but I thought it more fun to set them manually for this league.

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Great assumption that people who haven’t even shown up in the thread in the last month(s) have made all their decisions by this point. 

There was no reason to force the trade at this point. 

So I should've held out a month in the hopes of getting a pick 4-8 picks higher. I'm good. Appreciate the feedback.

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

In the engine itself, coaches also determine sliders... but I thought it more fun to set them manually for this league.

Would that be an option to try. Say, just go with the default sliders the coaches give for a certain week?

Preseason maybe to try it out.

24 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

So I should've held out a month in the hopes of getting a pick 4-8 picks higher. I'm good. Appreciate the feedback.

What value do you get out of making the trade now vs in a month?

20 minutes ago, pwny said:

What value do you get out of making the trade now vs in a month?

Waiting a month to maybe get an extra couple slots in the draft is not worth it to me. This is a fun league, but I'd rather just do a deal now than wait a month. Also not going to say highest offer gets it and then make Malfman wait a month. That seems ridiculous.

3 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Would that be an option to try. Say, just go with the default sliders the coaches give for a certain week?

Preseason maybe to try it out.

that would certainly make coaches more valuable.

i like the idea because it forces you into the true gm/owner role

6 hours ago, Malfatron said:

I thought it was a fair trade.

Why not give away a player you arent going to keep anyway?

And nobody came with a better offer either

Its giving away the tags & the near great wr

Archived