Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 16 - Taco Bowl XVI POSTED!)

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Not sure what mookie was thinking there

Unless he somehow didnt have a player to keep with those 3 tags.. 

And probably should have just kept Landry if that was the case given he has Brady. 

hmm

I have Keenan Allen and Calvin Ridley. I don't think Jarvis was worth keeping, and I didn't have anyone else to keep.

2 hours ago, El ramster said:

Could have gotten a second for 3 tags alone. 

You just got finessed. 

Should’ve offered the 2nd for 3 tags. I said they were available, no one made an offer higher than what I got. It’s the 2nd pick in the 2nd round, I’m good with the return.

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Should’ve offered the 2nd for 3 tags. I said they were available, no one made an offer higher than what I got. It’s the 2nd pick in the 2nd round, I’m good with the return.

So you were racing to get this trade off before what deadline? It's one thing if the keeper tag phase is coming to a closure and you are trying to get the maximum value before you have to use them or lose them, it's another to show the patience of an 8 year old and jump on a terrible deal for the sake of making a trade.

But hey, I love it.

3 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

So you were racing to get this trade off before what deadline? It's one thing if the keeper tag phase is coming to a closure and you are trying to get the maximum value before you have to use them or lose them, it's another to show the patience of an 8 year old and jump on a terrible deal for the sake of making a trade.

But hey, I love it.

I wasn’t keeping Landry, regardless. Ask iPwn, I didn’t even want him. He just offered to throw him in basically so I took it. I was releasing him into the draft, Iikely get zero legit offers for Landry so I let him hit the draft. In my mind, I basically traded 3 tags for a very early 2nd which it seems is fair value. Landry is an above average WR, nothing more.

Also, if you’re interested make an offer. Saying nothing and then going “I would’ve given you X!!!” is just idiotic. Your loss not mine, I wasn’t waiting for some hypothetical offer you now claim you would’ve made. (Aimed at others not you obviously)

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I wasn’t keeping Landry, regardless. Ask iPwn, I didn’t even want him. He just offered to throw him in basically so I took it. I was releasing him into the draft, Iikely get zero legit offers for Landry so I let him hit the draft. In my mind, I basically traded 3 tags for a very early 2nd which it seems is fair value. Landry is an above average WR, nothing more.

Also, if you’re interested make an offer. Saying nothing and then going “I would’ve given you X!!!” is just idiotic. Your loss not mine, I wasn’t waiting for some hypothetical offer you now claim you would’ve made. (Aimed at others not you obviously)

I lack a first and second in the upcoming draft, so I couldn't make an offer regardless.

That being said... you still haven't addressed the fact that you could have waited and shopped those tags (and player) around for more value. It seems like you jumped at the first decent (in your mind) offer you got, rather than let the chips fall where they may.

It is what it is. Even if you remove Landry, 3 tags should fetch anyone a first round pick. That's pretty much the only really 'set' agreed upon price by most of the league.

But you do you man. If I see a division rival make a mistake, just makes it easier for my squad.

9 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

I lack a first and second in the upcoming draft, so I couldn't make an offer regardless.

That being said... you still haven't addressed the fact that you could have waited and shopped those tags (and player) around for more value. It seems like you jumped at the first decent (in your mind) offer you got, rather than let the chips fall where they may.

It is what it is. Even if you remove Landry, 3 tags should fetch anyone a first round pick. That's pretty much the only really 'set' agreed upon price by most of the league.

But you do you man. If I see a division rival make a mistake, just makes it easier for my squad.

I disagree. I posted openly, basically every active owner had seen or posted in the thread.

If I was going to get a better offer for 3 tags, I would’ve. No one else even showed interest in the available tags. I’m not waiting around for some hypothetical offer that may never come.

Im more than happy with how my offseason went. I appreciate the insight from a veteran member, though. 

Archived