Arrested Development Season 5 Trailer and Premier Date!

MacReady

Agreed on Season 4, was a disappointment for me as well. I feel like Arrested Development had it's moment in time, I'm not sure it needs to be rehashed again to try and have another. I might not even watch this season, actually probably won't. My wife doesn't have the connection to the original that I do, and I probably won't just randomly watch it by myself.

55 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Is this coming before or after season 5 gets released? It may depend on if I bother with 5 lol

It's out now. I tried to get into it this weekend, but was more focused on Cobra Kai...

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Is this coming before or after season 5 gets released? It may depend on if I bother with 5 lol

It was already released, on Cinco De Quattro.

Im a huge Arrested Development fan.   I love the characters and every actor/actress on the show is really good in other things.    Im also someone who enjoyed season 4, even with its notable flaws.

The trailer REALLY worries me, and this is why.....it always seems that in great comedic movies/shows that are revived after a long hiatus, that alot of stuff feels forced, like they are trying too hard to capture the old magic.....and there are numerous cases of this.  Granted,  season 4 didnt feel that way....it was just not the same in writing or the format.

This season 5 trailer gives me that Dumb and Dumber Too feeling.....like they are trying to rehash old jokes and overacting whilst trying to capture that lightning in a bottle thing again....and it just doesnt work.   The trailer didnt make me even smirk....well, maybe once, but it wasnt even an especially funny thing.    

I will watch it, but I really dont have any hopes for this season.     All I can do is hope it doesnt suck.

12 hours ago, iPwn said:

The remix of season 4 is a good deal better than the original. 

Watched a few episodes - it's better, but still lacks the overall charm of 1-3. That's to be expected, I guess.

On 5/8/2018 at 4:17 AM, EliteTexan80 said:

Watched a few episodes - it's better, but still lacks the overall charm of 1-3. That's to be expected, I guess.

It's growing on me now. 

Archived