Arrested Development Season 5 Trailer and Premier Date!

MacReady

On 5/29/2018 at 5:32 PM, ninerfanwheelz said:

Season 5 is here! Didn't realize they were splitting it into two parts. 1st episode was good, I'll watch a few more tonight

I didn’t know hey we’re splitting it until reading your post.  Good to know, i thought they were just ending it where they did.

It was ok, but not great like the first 3.  I really liked the runnning joke of michael not knowing about the lake house.  Also seeing “90 minute tooth” outlined on the store next to the closet converters was real funny.

When is pt 2 supposed to come out?

59 minutes ago, ninerfanwheelz said:

I thought it was really solid. Obviously not on the level of 1-3 but that's fine, still enjoyed it a lot.

@CBears019 I believe pt 2 will be later in 2018

Was it better than season 4? 

Really worried from the handful of reviews I've read and it's low scores on rating sites. Currently rewatching the entire series since it's been so long, probably won't actually get to season 5 for another few weeks. At the very least my expectations have now been set pretty low, where had I got into it blind they would have been very high.

30 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Really worried from the handful of reviews I've read and it's low scores on rating sites. Currently rewatching the entire series since it's been so long, probably won't actually get to season 5 for another few weeks. At the very least my expectations have now been set pretty low, where had I got into it blind they would have been very high.

Havent watched it yet, but I wouldnt put TOO much stock into those.    

The problem with a revived show like this is that, if its not EVERY BIT AS GOOD as the original, people are going to ridicule it....even if its decent.

Dont get me wrong....maybe it will suck (to certain people), but I dont let reviews tarnish my opinion of something.     I didnt have high hopes to begin with, but reviews dont sway me one way or another.

On 6/3/2018 at 8:24 AM, CBears019 said:

Better than the original season 4, but not the season 4 remake imo.

I've started episode five. I've found it funny, but it just feels like absolutely nothing has happened. Maybe it's because I jumped directly from the season 4 remake to season 5, but it seems like the vast majority of it is just rehashing season 4.

just finished up, I liked it. obviously not on the level of 1-3, and it goes a bit too hard on callbacks to season 1-3 jokes, but it's fun. beach house gag is great. some good moments with Barry too.

both seasons 4 and 5 are a bit too convoluted, which takes away a bit of the magic from the original seasons, but you can't really complain. it's still a fun watch.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived