Troy Brown

Eastern Conference Champions  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Eastern Conference?

• Celtics
    • Cavaliers

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

ok, then Lebron just didnt care about game 1

I don't think it's not that he didn't care, but clearly was trying to get a feel for the defense and how they were going to defend him in certain spots. He wasn't even looking to score on switches and was just trying to see where the double was going to come. 

It is clear though, he's going to have to be hitting his mid range jumper this series. The Celtics are going under all the picks and daring him to shoot. Dude couldn't miss a mid range jumper against the Raptors, but couldn't buy one yesterday lol. 

Really looking forward to game 2. There are certain match up advantages for the Celtics that they will have for the duration of the series. Korver isn't going to be able to guard Brown, Love is going to have problems with Horford and Tatum is going to be tough to stop for JR. LeBron won't like doing this, especially so early in the series, but he may have to guard Tatum and JR may have to check Brown. Or they could just take Korver out of the starting line up and insert Thompson. The spacing will be worse, but at least he could check Horford. 

I just don't think Love will be able to guard Tatum or Horford. Not sure if Tatum played the 4 much yesterday but I don't know why he wouldn't. I only caught the 4th quarter. 

All year, EEI and Sportshub killed Horford for being "average al" and just like last year in the postseason, he plays some of the best ball in his career. Yeah yeah, I don't know why I listen to sports radio either, but Horford clearly goes all out in the postseason. 

I mean, at this point, if the Cavs want to have any chance of winning against Boston/if they beat Boston then probably GS, LeBron NEEDS to play perfectly every single game...and even then, that may not be enough.

You guys played Morris at PF for much of the game. Love won't be able to guard him, and nor should he ever guard him minus being switched out on him.

If the Cavs start TT,  then it will be interesting to see if the Celtics keep their starting line up from game 1, or do they insert Baynes back in the line up? Because the Cavs will put TT on Horford and Love on Morris, but what do the Celtics do? If they want to start Morris to guard LeBron, do they then put Tatum on TT? Love? Definitely something to watch for next game if the Cavs change their starting line up. 

Jordan Clarkson doe???? That man is soggy trash yet will still dribble the air out of the ball and chuck up contested fade aways lol. 

4 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I figure Love would have an easier time guarding Morris given his tendency to bring himself into the post and Tatum's tendency to take guys off the dribble 

When I wrote in my post Love won't be able to guard him, I was referring to Tatum. My bad.

And yeah, I think the Cavs could live with Love on Morris. It's just what happens on the other end. You probably won't want Tatum banging with Love or TT on the boards, so the Cavs may force a line up change with that move. 

23 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

just don't think Love will be able to guard Tatum or Horford. Not sure if Tatum played the 4 much yesterday but I don't know why he wouldn't. I only caught the 4th quarter. 

What did Tatum start the year off playing mostly? Shooting guard with Kyrie? Power forward with Jaylen Brown at small forward?

Just now, DoleINGout said:

What did Tatum start the year off playing mostly? Shooting guard with Kyrie? Power forward with Jaylen Brown at small forward?

He's been primarily a 3 all year with JB at the 2. He's played the 4 with Smart in the game, I think, though. 

Archived